FM Industries, Inc.
FM Industries is recognized as a premier manufacturing solutions provider of manufacturing services for the semiconductor capital equipment market. We specialize in build to print, precision machined components, anodization and engineered thermal spray coatings.
Review and evaluate incoming products using knowledge of product design, materials, fabrication processes, tooling, equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality standards to determine manufacturing feasibility. Prepare detailed manufacturing processes, Bill of Materials, and outside process requirements to calculate product pricing for customers.
- Develop detailed process routings using an automated manufacturing software system.
- Develop complex Bill of Material structures using an automated manufacturing software system.
- Estimate manufacturing cycle times.
- Prepare cost estimates for customers.
- Conceptualize and create designs for fixtures and cutting tools.
- Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for the purchase of parts or services.
- Work on cross functional teams for process improvement and cost reduction.
- Project management.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
- Comply with applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations, Company policy and accepted safe work practices.
- Understand the importance of designing, building, and operating safe systems. Basic knowledge and understanding of basic safety work processes such as JSA’s and MOC’s.
- Demonstrated commitment in the successful EH&S management of chemical processes and facilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree, or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic math and use of mathematic concepts such as to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; and to apply concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively speak and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization and to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, common professional, scientific, and technical journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out and interpret a variety of detailed but uninvolved instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS WHILE PERFORMING THE JOB:
- Sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, kneeling, or bending to the floor; reaching with hands and arms; and talking and/or hearing instructions.
- Close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading instrumentation and documentation.
- Able to hear warning bells, tones, and alarms (e.g., forklift, horn, telephone, etc.).
WORKING ENVIRONMENT OF THE JOB:
- Approximately 70/40 office and shop floor environment.
- Low noise levels in office environment.
- High noise levels while working near operating machines.
- Physical hazards while working near moving equipment and mechanical parts.
- Possible breathing of fumes, odors, dust, and mist.
We offer a full complement of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, generous time off plan and a 401k saving plan with a 30% match! Shoes with ANSI approved toe protection are required on the job.