Estimator I Inside Sales
Ignite your career at Builders FirstSource, America’s largest supplier of building materials, value-added components and building services to the professional market. The #1 name in our industry, we help make the dream of home ownership more achievable every day. At BFS, you’ll be equipped with all the tools, training, and resources you need, and you’ll be empowered to try new things, gain new experiences, and build a career with unlimited horizons.
Analyzes blueprints and other documentation to develop material lists and cost estimate sheets for the sales department and customers. The estimates are used by sales for bidding purposes to confirm construction and labor costs for contract jobs.
- Receives information from sales representative or customer on what materials are required in pricing a job.
- Using packaged estimating software, determines the linear and square footage to build wall structures and components such as headers for doors, beams, floor joists, etc.
- Assists sales department in supplying information on materials, such as availability, substitutions, and new materials.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as preparation of bids, vendor or subcontractor selection and the determination of cost effectiveness.
- Consults with clients, vendors and/or other individuals to formulate estimates and resolve issues.
Associate degree in construction technology from two-year (2) college or technical school preferred. Must have two-years (2) prior experience in the building construction industry.
At BFS, we want you and your career to be greater than what you ever could have expected. Our supportive, people -first culture will build you up and empower you to do more, be more, and become better every day. Join us and see what’s possible when you can rise to new challenges, learn new skills, and add to your career tool belt every day.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish