San Diego, CA
Job SummaryGeneral Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle, development of terrestrial and space-based fission reactors, space systems from Very Low Earth Orbit to Cislunar, undersea vehicles including components unique to manned and unmanned submersibles as well as development and manufacture associated with nuclear submarines and nuclear powered aircraft carriers, remotely piloted aircraft, undersea, airborne and space sensors, hypersonic weapon systems, missile and projectiles, advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Operating Office to join our Executive team in San Diego, CA.
This position reports to the President of the General Atomics’ Electromagnetic Systems Group (GA-EMS Group) and has the primary responsibility for overseeing the organization’s operations to ensure business objectives are met. This position requires daily interaction with the Executive Vice President who is responsible for the Profit and Loss operating Divisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees and leads the strategy execution for the development and improvement of operations through efficient and effective integrated processes and common management processes/services that leverage organizational resources.
- Establishes common management processes/services that leverage organizational resources utilizing proven and accepted best practices such as Six Sigma.
- In coordination with the Executive Vice President and President of the GA-EMS Group and the senior leadership team, participates in establishing annual and long-term technical, business, and financial objectives as well as developing operational plans and objectives.
- Oversees and directs the ongoing review of the organization’s performance and operations, including productivity, quality, and timelines and key performance indicators.
- Oversees operational activities to achieve technical and business objectives.
- Implements processes to support new and/or expansion of existing business opportunities that enhance the organization’s efficiency and capabilities.
- May represent the GA-EMS Group in business relationships with customers and business communities.
- Oversee the planning of resources to ensure the availability of the required management and technical talent.
- Responsible for ensuring that all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations are observed.
- Responsible for ensuring that work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Oversees the quality assurance, configuration management, and materials management directorates as well as the business communication, Concept Formulation and OPEX organizations.
Job QualificationsThis is a strategic position reporting directly to the President of the GA-EMS Group and requires exceptional and comprehensive operational management experience. Will support GA-EMS Executive Vice President who will oversee the Profit and Loss business Divisions. Must demonstrate a broad background and education that includes a wide-range and extensive managerial, planning, technical, operational, quality assurance, financial, business development, contracting, procurement, subcontracting, and manufacturing experience related to the GA-EMS Group’s business area(s). Prior experience as Chief Operating Officer of mid-sized organization particularly at a privately held company is desirable. Must possess Top Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Level Q and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance.