Experienced Security Installer
Get on the long term career path with a growing Global organization utilizing your Experience. Knowledge, and Any Applicable Licenses.
Possible Sign on bonus available for selected, qualified, candidate. Benefits on DAY 1!
What you will do
As a critical part of the team, the Commercial Installer works onsite with our commercial customers to set up and program their Integrated Security fire and security systems. The Commercial Installer also dismantles and reconstructs equipment when necessary.
How you will do it
- Installs appropriate devices; dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or Tyco Integrated Security.
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
- Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
- Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
- Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
- Test’s operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
- Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- May manage installation teams on larger projects.
- Coach and mentor less experienced installers.
- Travel required, using provided company vehicle and equipment.
What we look for
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Some technical school training is a plus.
- Electrical and electronic equipment experience with demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to always operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner.
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
- Where legally permissible, if hired, candidate is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than his/her start date, unless candidate has a valid medical condition or sincerely held religious belief precluding he/she from receiving the vaccine.
- NICET Certification.
- Access Control certifications.
- CCTV certifications.
- Experience bending conduit.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.