Experienced Systems Engineer – Modeling & Simulation, Space Systems
Experienced Systems Engineer - Modeling & Simulation, Space Systems
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Tukwila, WA
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing Phantom Works is seeking a Systems Engineer in Modeling and Simulation in the Puget Sound area in support of multiple programs. The position provides an opportunity to work with an experienced, interdisciplinary team to develop unique systems to meet challenging requirements on dynamic development programs.
We work with proprietary customers in the development of the next-generation technologies in space. We are involved in rapid prototyping to demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies for a variety of customers. Our group works all facets of engineering from technology investment, concept development, proposal writing, requirements and design, build, integration, test, and demonstration of products in their relevant environments.
- Develop, integrate, and analyze complex virtual representations of systems and environments.
- Model and simulate sensors and optics.
- Conduct performance analysis of signal processing algorithms.
- Develop simulation code and scripts, design system models, and document model assumptions and performance.
- Verify that the models and simulations we make are representative of their physical counterparts.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry AND 5 or more years’ of related work experience OR an equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, C, C++, and MATLAB.
- Experience developing software models of physical systems and scientific phenomena
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Working knowledge of model based systems engineering concepts and practices (e.g. SysML, Cameo)
- Knowledge of or experience with math based analytical tools such as MATLAB, and the ability to develop software models of physical systems and scientific phenomena using UNIX/ LINUX and Windows based computing platforms.
- Working knowledge of one of more of the following specialty areas for design, integration and test related to EOIR systems, optics, RF systems, algorithms, detection and tracking
- Experience with virtual environments or mission modeling (AFSIM, ATCOM, ONESAF)
- Knowledge of basic astronomy, photometry, estimation theory, development of parallel code, and orbital mechanics.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Union Representation Statement:
- This is a union-represented position.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 3
Job Code:6K8CI3 (6F9)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English - E-Verify (English)
- Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Statement
- English - Right to Work (English)
- Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)