Extruder Operator – Manufacturing
Saddle Brook, NJ
TE Wire & Cable LLC
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.As an extruder operator, you will be responsible to set up, maintain and operate machinery. You will ensure the interminable and efficient running of production. We are looking for reliable, and attentive team members. On-the-job training will be offered to elevate your skills therefore a willingness to learn and improve oneself is essential. Being a team player is required since all tasks will entail a close collaboration with colleagues. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly maximizing efficiency while maintaining a safe environment.
- Operators are responsible for all activities on their machine for their shift.
- Set up machines to start a production cycle.
- Control and adjust machine settings (i.e., speed, temperature, etc)
- Loads extruder hopper with plastic granules and color concentrate per job specifications. When required, sets up printing section with assistance.
- Loads reels of wire into payoff stand, laces wire through a preheater-wire straightener into and through the extruder head and the die water trough, capstan spark tester and onto the take-up reel.
- Be aware of all functions while machine is operating.
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift.
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws.
- Other tasks and duties may be assigned. Responsibilities will not be limited to the above.
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Knowledge of process equipment, tooling and procedures in order to set up, operate, and maintain equipment work area in a safe, productive manner.
- Understanding of production procedures and preventative maintenance.
- Adherence to safety regulations
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals.
- Ability to work efficiently, and effectively both independently, and collaboratively.
- Attention to detail.
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus.
Qualifications: We require 1-2 years of experience. Operators need to have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Our Competitive Benefits Include: Medical (2 Plan Options), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K & Roth 401K (with generous Company Match), Paid Basic Life & AD&D insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays and Vacation.
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.