SPR Packaging, LLC
The lead is responsible for leading the department to achieve daily production goals. The lead will work closely with the operator’s ensuring production runs properly, create and update procedures, train personnel, and determine if their skill level is progressing. The lead must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assign operators to machines.
- Review production orders in a start-up production, run and shut down of equipment.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide support for operators.
- Must know resin system and the various resins used for their applications.
- Must meet quality and production standards.
- Support safety and quality investigations.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement processes within the department and work cross-functionally with production, maintenance, quality, and office support.
- Review and update documentation of the production processes, recommending modifications as needed.
- Supports trials of new materials and facilitate changes in materials with depletion of previously used materials.
- Take an active role in projects that focus on cost improvement.
- Maintain inventory for 12-hour shift.
- Work in collaboration with production managers.
- Make necessary corrections of work orders.
- Identify and discuss issues related to extrusion with the production team.
- Ensure start up and shut down of all extrusion machines.
- Assist production team with organization.
- Make decisions regarding personnel as required.
- Organize vacation and overtime coverage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, written and oral.
- Excellent team player
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401k with company match, paid holidays, vacation, sick time.ID:uDnQdo