F-22 Pilot SME for Training Systems
Saint Louis, MO
F-22 Pilot SME for Training Systems
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Saint Louis, MO
Job Description Qualifications:
Help build the best combat fighter training. Training & Professional Services (T&PS) within Boeing Global Services (BGS) F-22 Mission Training Center (F-22 MTC) is seeking an F-22 Pilot Subject Matter Expert to help develop F-22 pilot training devices in support of the F-22 program in Saint Louis, MO. This is a mid-level to senior grade position and will require that the candidate already possess the proper security clearance pre hire. Please state clearance and date granted clearly at the top of resume.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Plans research and development programs for flight simulator requirements.
- Translates contract requirements into work requirements, processes and tasks.
- Manages customer and supplier relationships.
- Researches and responds to specialized technical questions from customers on flight simulator operations, service and regulatory concerns.
- Provides on-site customer assistance to support the introduction of new training equipment.
- Resolves specialized customer issues in the field.
- Leads and reviews analysis and evaluation of specialized engineering and supplier aircraft systems and performance data, operational documents and software for delivery to customer.
- Researches and analyzes customer and regulatory authority requirements to ensure they comply with industry standards.
- Leads and reviews Boeing processes across organizations for defining the customer product, delivery and support.
- Develops new/revised processes in support of customer requirements and/or changes in company guidelines.
- Works under minimal direction.
- The successful candidate will assist other members of the Test team in the performance of day-to-day operations including system design, integration, and test of the F-22 flight simulator.
- Occasional domestic or international travel may be required.
- Off shift and weekend work may also be occasionally required to meet contractual milestones, objectives and delivery schedules.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience flying 4th or 5th generation fighter aircraft
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- FTU (Formal Training Unit) Instructor Pilot
- Weapons School Instructor
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in a location that does offer relocation.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 4
Job Code:GKF6I4 (GKC)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement