Facilities Engineering Specialist
Sierra Nevada Corp.
Are you looking to use your facilities expertise in a fast-paced environment supporting a fascinating industry? Come join us as a Facilities Engineering Specialist! In the role, you will develop strategic and cost effective approaches to accomplishing modifications and repairs to our facilities that result in minimal disruption to ongoing production and/or office environment operations. You'll assist with ensuring the reliability of building equipment, assessing building systems, planning and documenting repairs, replacements, maintenance, modifications, and material requirements, monitor cost and availability of services for multiple vendors, review plans submitted by vendors to verify that planned improvements are appropriately scheduled, and ensure vendors are providing goods and services as per contracted requirements. Your duties will also include setting up and tearing down of equipment, and assisting with special events and/or meetings.
The Mission Solutions and Technologies (MST) business area provides affordable, turn-key command/control, communications, integrated ISR, force protection and security solutions worldwide. The MST team has a long legacy of supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers with years of experience in platform operations, engineering and full lifecycle management across domains – air, land, sea, space and cyber.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, modify, and maintain the integrity of the facilities infrastructure to ensure ongoing reliability by developing and maintaining our CMMS system utilizing existing, customized software to establish equipment history of preventative maintenance and repairs for building equipment and assets.
- Modify and/or develop and maintain facility as-builts inclusive of general layouts and MEP systems on applicable layers
- Collaborate with program managers and other stakeholders to develop and define project needs, initial layout and utility requirements and define required scope of work documents for bid purposes to external contractors
- Solicit pricing for and procure required goods and services as needed in support of the day to day facilities management and project support for the Facilities department
- Assess and report project statuses of ongoing projects throughout the facility
- Some coursework toward a college diploma and typically 2-4 or more years of relevant experience
- A Bachelor’s degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- A higher-level degree may substitute for experience
- Valid driver's license
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with AutoCAD
- Ability to alter and create 2-dimensional floor plan drawings
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Capable of periodic and/or daily travel between facilities
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Basic knowledge of or proficiency with basic building utilities and equipment
- Practical familiarization with standard project management principles
- Prior experience with understanding utility and space requirements as applicable to construction documents and equipment installation
- Fundamental understanding of the considerations applicable to facility layout & design, adjacencies, work flow and basic lean manufacturing and waste minimization concepts.
- OSHA 30 card
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense or US Military
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 6%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
IMPORTANT NOTICE:To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regarding to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.ID:uDnQdo