Facilities Maintenance Technician
Mark Rite Lines Equipment Company, Inc.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Act as primary point of contact (internal & external) for all TowHaul facilities maintenance needs
- Construction project management, scheduling & managing vendors/contractors
- Fix or arrange to have fixed, any building or grounds issues
- Perform most general maintenance
- A detailed list of responsibilities will be provided after hire; however, a partial list is shown below:
- Troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of production machinery in support of the overall production process
- Determining the root cause of equipment failures and executing a plan to minimize future occurrences
- Specifying and purchasing repair parts and upgrades
- Change oil and air filters in air compressors every 3 months
- Change the air filters for the HVAC systems every 3 months
- Grease shop exhaust fans, service belts, clean fan blades and blow the motors out annually or on request
- Blow off all lights in shops annually or on request
- Manage lawn maintenance and weed control property-wide
- Coordinate cardboard recycling
- Coordinate snow plowing/sanding in winter
- Schedule crane maintenance/repair/annual inspections
- Perform/manage forklift preventative maintenance and repairs
- Manage septic pump schedules and other similar needs
- Monitor/manage other equipment maintenance and inspections as may be needed based on management and business requirements
- Strong initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent and detailed documentation will be required of this position
- Must be able to communicate effectively with outside resources and all levels of internal resources in both written and oral formats
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Must have investigative and analytical skills
- Adaptable, flexible, and dependable
- Practiced at critical thinking, decision making and problem solving
- Strong aptitude for troubleshooting
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are typical, however not intended to be all-inclusive and are subject to change per the environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions for the position.
- Required to sit and stand at workstation.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however can be severe and caution shall be executed with the use of PPE as required when working in the fabrication shop. The noise level when working in the office will be minimal.
All employees are expected to interact with other members of the organization in a professional and respectful manner, with the goal of producing on-time and high-quality work being the highest priority. All employees must maintain excellent communication with supervisors and engineers and a professional attitude and approach to issues within the company.
We are a drug free workplace and require pre-employment testing.
Benefits of Employment
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, and 401(k) with matching contributions. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
For over 40 years, TowHaul has been dedicated to designing and manufacturing the most reliable, efficient, and adaptable off-road equipment in the mineral extraction industry. Driven by customer need, we have created custom solutions for towing and hauling in the most extreme conditions on Earth. From the Australian Outback to the Arctic Circle, TowHaul creates products that meet and exceed our customers’ towing and hauling needs. For more information visit www.towhaul.com
We are a “Solution Driven” manufacturer for the mining industry. At Ground Force Worldwide we design, engineer and manufacture the World’s Finest Mine Support Equipment. We offer a diverse product line for surface & underground mining and have trucks working in over 60+ countries worldwide. We have been providing our customers and dealers with custom solutions for over 30 years. Our history of innovation and strong customer relationships around the world prove us a World Leader in our industry. For more information, visit www.gfworldwide.com.
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) provides products and services to protect people and our planet. Founded in 1901, Federal Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, IL, with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates two groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security Systems. For more information on Federal Signal, visit: www.federalsignal.com.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of, and will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category, characteristic, or trait under applicable law. If you require reasonable accommodation in the application process, call Human Resources at 630-954-2000. All other applications must be submitted online.