NGL Energy Partners
The Facility Operator will work under the Facility Manager. This position is responsible for off-loading trucks, generating truck tickets and reports, communicating with drivers and supervisors regularly, and general upkeep of the facility at all times in a safe and efficient working manner.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the job duty of off- loading of trucks on a daily basis in a safe manner.
- Adhere to NGL safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain the cleanliness and the upkeep of the facility.
- Comply with government agency rules, regulations and laws.
- Attend all safety meetings and training.
- Communicate well and supply customer relations efforts as it relates to unloading transfer trucks.
- Identify equipment problems requiring immediate repair.
- Report problems to the facility supervisor.
- Train with the facility supervisor to become a facility attendant II.
- Inspect facility hourly and provide status reports to the facility supervisor.
- Perform routine scheduled tasks.
- Duties may include data collection such as hourly checklists.
- Regular attendance and being on time at the worksite is required.
Position Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be dependable with a stable work history.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to use basic computer applications and software.
- Punctual, trustworthy and reliable.
- Proficient spoken and written English.
- Ability to work as team player
- Ability to transfer locations as required by business needs
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and customers.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- High school diploma / GED or equivalent experience is required.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
Negligible travel required.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must constantly position, transport and/or move up to 50 or more pounds. On occasion moving over 50 pounds will be required.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; move across large areas including uneven terrain, sometimes quickly;
- Be stationary for long periods of time;
- Work in tight or restrictive working spaces;
- Ascend stairs or ladders, work atop tanks, traverse metal walkways at heights;
- Balance with equipment and while moving large and/or heavy objects;
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
- Reach with hands and arms above the head and to ground level;
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl or otherwise reach into tight spaces;
- Push and pull material and equipment from one place to another;
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing;
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access information.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Occasionally in an office environment.
- Occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places.
- Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, hand tools and small to medium-sized power tool use.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Regularly exposed to non-toxic propane fumes or airborne particles.
- Regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide the incumbent with a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.