Factory Team Member- Full time
Spring Hill, TN
General Motors Subsystems LLC – Factory Team Member – Regular (Full Time)
Factory Team Members are hardworking and ambitious workers who are responsible for assembly, machining, quality checks, tool changes, and problem solving of manufacturing processes and equipment. Team members are also functioning in a manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
Wages And Benefits:
- Starting wage is $18.50 per hour with annual increases up to the max wage of $22 per hour after 6 years
- Shift Premiums (2nd shift $.25/hr. and 3rd shift $.50/hr.)
- Immediate health care for self (including dental and vision)
- Holiday and Vacation pay after 90 days
- GM recognized holidays (approximately 15 per year)
- 1 week vacation 1st year and additional accrual up to a max of 4 weeks with years worked
- Eligible for annual profit-sharing bonus
- Eligible for 401K contributions
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the essential knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Additional or different requirements may exist in this role.
- Understand, support and execute all work in a safe manner and contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Ensure information sharing between Group/Teams/Areas with overlapping processes and interfacing parts.
- Lead and own job changes needed for the new program in their areas
- Attending Launch Team meetings as required by the Launch Team
- Use and operate equipment such as fork truck or tugger to load, unload, transfer and move materials within an assembly plant. This equipment could operate at heights of up to 35 feet.
- Perform a variety of duties, including:
- Always maintain proper materials to ensure all items are staged in the order in which they expire (oldest to newest).
- Select correct parts utilizing a computer system.
- Sequence parts utilizing error-proofing computer system.
- Participated in ongoing inventory control activities including cycle counting, inventory management and analysis.
- Assist in reviewing and/or updating documentation for related processes.
- Participate in required training.
- Read, comprehend, and follow written, standardized work instructions and trained procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Learn new tasks and adapt to frequent job duty changes as required by business and manpower demands.
- Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meet operational expectations.
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced warehousing plant environment.
- Regularly report for work on time to support startup and throughput goals.
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Specific physical requirements of the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Read standardized work instructions, operate machines, equipment, and tools, and perform quality checks.
- Promptly detect and respond to safety instructions, alarms, and signals.
- Wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and appropriate shoes.
- Work in a loud assembly plant environment.
- Frequently and repetitively:
- Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds and periodically carry or lift materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally sit, climb stairs, and drive vehicles and equipment.
Additional Job Description
- These are full-time permanent positions working as a direct employee of General Motors Subsystems LLC.
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift
- Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with little notice.
- Weekend and holiday (premium pay) shifts are regularly expected, but not continuously
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors Subsystems LLC hiring process requirements which include drug testing and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Good English proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and safety instructions
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
GM is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GM is committed to providing a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and advancing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, all practices and decisions relating to terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment are made without regard to an individual's protected characteristics. For purposes of this policy, “protected characteristics" include an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, height, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.ID:uDnQdo