Feed Haul CDL DRIVER
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
Pay $16.25/hr during training period. After completing training period pay is by load
POSITION SUMMARY: The position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of trucks and feed delivery to various farm locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Operates Feed Haul trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs equipment inspections in accordance with company guidelines and equipment operating instructions. Reports all problems to the Supervisor.
- Loads the truck in a manner that ensures the quality and integrity of the feed.
- Obtains representative sample of feed delivered to each grower.
- Unloads feed into proper bin(s) at the grower location ensuring integrity is maintained.
- Communicates written and verbally with associates, and maintenance (as growers as necessary) relevant information such as tank levels, conditions, etc.
- Operates and maintains equipment in a safe manner and keeps truck and work areas neat, clean, and orderly.
- Picks up loads of feed from grower barns that are left over at the end of the flock as directed.
- Cleans Pellet Mill Particle Separators (Pollution Control Device) on a weekly basis.
- Follows housekeeping schedule for the Feed Mill being responsible for keeping assigned areas clean. Uses blow-down techniques using required PPE.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and the leadership team.
- Responsible for additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
·Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
·Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
·Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
·Working knowledge of driving and traffic rules.
·Appropriate skill to drive a truck safely
·Ability to follow both written and verbal directions
·Ability to communicate effectively with others in a manner that maintains harmony with co-workers
·Considerable ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
·Considerable ability to work under dusty adverse conditions.
·Valid Class A Driver’s license and acceptable driving record according to Company Policy 622 required, (Possession of single, valid operator’s license with appropriate vehicle classification for the operators state of residence; no incident in prior 36 months in which the driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs; no incident in prior 36 months of reckless/careless driving; no major driving violations), for Lockout/Tag out safety as well as other company safety programs and policies.