Feed Ingredient Sales Merchandiser
Dairy Farmers of America
Kansas City, KS
Support and execute contracts for sales of feed commodities to DFA members in specified areas. Coordinate network of outside sales staff and commodities team to achieve sales goals and create member value.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Market commodities to DFA members in accordance with individual and team margin and sales goals.
- Identify and explore new vendor opportunities.
- Negotiate purchases with vendors.
- Call current and potential members to share promotional offers and garner additional sales opportunities.
- Schedule and order shipments to members based on their orders.
- Build relationships with members by performing on-farm visits.
- Communicate with vendors daily to build relationships and obtain current information.
- Provide members and staff with guidance and direction on commodities markets.
- Exhibit the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America through honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.