Field Application Specialist
San Antonio, TX
At Pentair, you will work along-side passionate problem-solvers who are committed to the future of our planet. We put our purpose into practice, inspiring people to move, improve and enjoy life’s essential resources for happier, healthier lives. From our residential and business water solutions to our sustainable innovations and applications, our 11,250 global employees serve customers in more than 150 countries, working to help improve lives and the environment around the world.
As a Pentair employee, you would enjoy a wide array of benefit options to help keep you and your family healthy and protected, a generous 401(k) and ESPP to help you save for retirement, plus paid time off and wellness programs to encourage a healthy work/life balance.
We have an opportunity for a Field Application Specialist to join our Pool & Spa central U.S. sales team, covering the south-central Texas territory. You will own your territory and promote Pentair’s products & brands, primarily through interacting with dealers, installers, and servicers to create brand preference, expand current relationships, and drive profitable new business growth. You will also create awareness of our products, provide technical expertise, train, and manage the dealer, installer, and servicer customer base.
* This posting is for 1 position. Ideal candidates will be in either Austin, TX or San Antonio, TX. *
- Develop and utilize a strong technical understanding of our Pool and Spa products across the entire professional channel / portfolio to address customer needs and promote brand awareness and preference among our distributor and dealer partners.
- Build relationships with key Pool builders, remodelers, servicers, and retail dealers to influence sales of Pentair products and services by holding regular technical presentations, training seminars, and providing on-site support.
- Analyze customer specifications to determine proper product applications and/or accessories, provide expertise and recommend solutions to application and performance problems related to pumps in the field.
- Promote Pentair’s Pool and Spa products & brands effectively utilizing marketing programs, leveraging field resources, and distributor and end-user product trainings.
- Partner with the Territory Sales Manager to identify and execute market growth opportunities.
- Have earned a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Have 3+ years of experience in the pool and spa industry, including strong technical understanding of Pool & Spa equipment to troubleshoot issues, identify solutions, and discuss technical applications and specifications.
- Strong communication skills, customer first mentality, and ability to train others, including end-users, on Pentair Pool & Spa equipment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, organize, plan, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy, self-starter, and goal oriented. Eager to meet and exceed goals and targets.
- Up to 40% (including overnight) to dealers, distributors, customers, events, tradeshows, and other business-related meetings.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity and Inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
- Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
- Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
- Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory