Field AV Service Technician – Fresno, CA
KARL STORZ Industrial-America, Inc.
Travel will be required up to 80%-90%, Mon – Fri most weeks of the year with the potential for a weekend project every 6th week. Travel will be local when possible but it very well could be from coast to coast depending upon business needs.
Flexible scheduling is required to accommodate customer needs. The Hybrid shift is from 12 pm to 9 pm but may vary. A hybrid day schedule to include Saturdays may also be required as needed to support customers.
Job Purpose and Core Tasks
The Performance Support Specialist II supports product performance by performing various support duties of KARL STORZ OR1 Integrated Operating Rooms and Network-based systems.
o Serves as a Subject Matter Expert in OR systems with high complexity and serves as a higher-level support.
o Exhibits professionalism at all times by following SOPs, SLAs, and Work Instructions.
o The Performance Support Specialist II is a national role that supports multiple regions as assigned.
o Ensures market-leading performance of deployed Integrated OR AV and IP systems.
Must work to establish themselves as technical expert with, a proficient understanding of A/V and IP systems and how they interact. Must be able to troubleshoot the highest level of technical incidents.
As a subject matter expert, this role will be called upon to support various technical inquiries, support, and questions through phone, remote service, or onsite support. This role is expected to work closely with the Critical Response Team to address or investigate highly complex issues.
Demonstrates responsibility in communicating effectively with internal and external customers; achieving excellent customer satisfaction by meeting established deadlines per SOPs and SLAs.
Exceeds in technical excellence and knowledge.
· Operates with limited direct supervision.
· Acts as a specialist in resolving complex technical issues.
· Serves as a subject matter expert.
· Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, equipment modifications on integration, and IT/network-based systems (KSEA and 3rd party products), including high complexity systems.
· Proficient knowledge of KARL STORZ OR1 Core Product portfolio, system operations, SW/HW configuration, system troubleshooting, and service-related tasks.
· Will be assigned to investigate customer-sensitive situations and be able to navigate through complex situations.
· Ability to recognize a problem/potential problem within a high-stress environment and report to leadership
· Provides suggestions for improvement to systems. Reviews installation work instructions and service documents. Recommend changes to documentation when applicable.
· Understands how to service customers with excellence to drive service contracts and service contract renewals.
· Must meet or exceed service revenue attainment goals
Documentation and Paperwork
· Utilizes technology (iPhone, computer, and related software and applications) to perform required administrative duties (e.g. timesheets) weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
· Submit corporate documentation on time with rigor.
· Complete and submit daily project status reports and deliver/communicate status reports with project management on a daily basis or at a frequency agreed upon by the project team.
· Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date hospital credentialing portfolio. Follows hospital protocols and upholds KARL STORZ standards of professional conduct when working with customers, management, and fellow employees. Utilizes customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abides by all KARL STORZ protocols and procedures.
· Responsible for cost-effectively managing travel and equipment expenses.
· May be called upon to support scheduled training programs
· Attends technical update classes/training in the field, virtually, or in a designated KARL STORZ site as scheduled.
· Good driving record and the ability to travel up to 80% throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico to customer sites that include, but are not limited to hospitals, operating rooms, laboratories, and surgery centers. Must meet hospital credentialing requirements.
· Flexible scheduling is required to accommodate customer needs. The Hybrid shift is from 12 pm to 9 pm but may vary. A hybrid day schedule to include Saturdays may also be required as needed to support customers.
Minimum Knowledge, Education, and Skill Requirements
Minimum years of relevant work experience:
· 5-7 years in a technical support role, troubleshooting AV or IP infrastructures , or 2-3 years as a KARL STORZ OR1 role or relevant experience
Minimum education, certifications, and/or credentials:
· High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience, meets or exceeds Technical Goal Guidelines set for a high-level performance support specialist
Minimum hard skill requirements (Technical Goal Guidelines):
· Proficient understanding of Cable Media: the ability to distinguish Coax, Mini-Hi- Res, Copper, Multi-Conductor, CAT-5/6, and Fiber Optic Cabling
· Proficient understanding of Cable Handling and Terminations: the ability to maintain proper cable pull techniques, ability to maintain uniform cable dressing and secure system connections; Solder, Fiber-Terminations, and Crimp, Compression for audio, video, network, control, and power devices
· Able to mount AV equipment such as wall displays and speakers
· Knowledgeable in control systems, audio consoles, power amplifiers, digital signal processors, video matrix switchers, video scalers, PC interfaces, computer controls, and digital video recorders
· Knowledgeable in troubleshooting AV or KARL STORZ Integrated OR systems or related experience.
· Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, TEAMS, Word and Excel.
· Able to read and understand work instruction and schematics
· Proficient in using applicable hand tools, fiber termination kits, and power meters
Minimum soft skill requirements:
· Excellent, polished customer interaction skills. Ability to communicate professionally and articulately with customers
· Must be able to maintain productive working relationships and treat fellow employees with respect
· Ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and work situations
· Ability to document service events and complete required service documentation.
· Uses patience when listening to people.
· Accurately conveys information.
· Uses proper business etiquette for email and phone communication.
· Responds promptly with a high level of service.
· Openly shares information for collaboration.
· Must be able to work cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment
· Energetic with a desire to learn and develop new skills
· Ensuring in providing a safe work environment
· Continuous improvement mindset. Open to feedback
· Demonstrated ability to adhere to business processes
· Expert knowledge of KARL STORZ Integrated OR1 Core product portfolio, third-party devices, and peripherals/accessories.
· Expert knowledge of KARL STORZ OR1 Core Product knowledge but not limited to system operations, SW, and HW configuration.
· Expert knowledge in utilizing software in loading code and system configurations for various KARL STORZ Integrated OR1 systems.
Preferred education, certifications, and/or credentials:
· CompTIA A+ certification or related Audio/Video certification (CTS) or relevant technology certification/credentials