New Iberia, LA
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
A Field Coordinator provides rig operations support and technical assistance for the administration of and compliance with the company’s HS&E (Health, Safety & Environmental), HR (Human Resources) and other policies and procedures. The Field Coordinator is expected to spend 40% of his/her time on deck putting offshore policies and procedures into practice via observations and coaching.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Rig Manager/Toolpusher, conducts and/or assists Operations Management in communicating and implementing new programs such as RMS Documentation, Training Material, safety campaigns, etc.
- Prepares for and attends pre-tour and weekly safety meetings. Informs crews of progress of rig specific goals and proactive efforts. Provides input on HSE issues and Lessons Learned during previous 12 hours and challenges for the next 12 hours.
- Participates in JSA’s and tailgate/toolbox talks. Reviews JSA’s during the job to ensure accuracy and determine if changes/updates are needed. Makes changes as appropriate and shares with crews.
- Performs Behavioral Based Safety observations by observing jobs to promote a safety culture utilizing the Nabors Behavioral Based Safety Program (BBSP).
- Enters all incidents into Nabors incident portal. Performs investigations as requested to find corrective actions for Near Misses, IFO’s, FSA’s, FAP’s and Tap Roots. Reports corrective actions to HSE department and superintendent.
- Participates in development, implementation and auditing of Permit to Work system and Safe work plans as needed.
- Maintains HSE related files and assists Rig Manager / Pusher with additional filing as time permits. Coordinates with operator/customer representatives in orientations.
- Assists with input and tracking of BBSP observations
- Conducts daily inspections to include rig and living quarters, PPE boxes, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, lighting, etc.
- Maintains Online Action Item log. Tracks training of rig personnel and submits training requests as needed. Conducts rig-based training as required.
- Assists with completing the rig timesheet. Verification of timesheet plus locking and submitting the timesheet is the responsibility of the Rig Manager & Pusher.
- Acts as liaison between the employee and HR/Benefits regarding issues with payroll, benefits, etc.
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to wear respiratory protective devices and required personal protective equipment.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the crew change point for assigned rig.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of safety and environmental regulations/requirements.
- Ability to successfully complete the Field Coordinator Knowledge & Skills as well as required courses as per the Training Matrix.
- Must demonstrate competency in computer skills and business software packages such as Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar position for another drilling contractor or 6 months of service with Nabors