Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for maintaining a F16 training device’s network, hardware, and software on a highly complex F16 Block 50+ Simulator Training Program.
Perform a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, or optical areas in support of F16 MTC Flight Trainers located at Chiayi, Taiwan. May be asked to occasionally support F16 devices located in Hualien, Taiwan
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain, repair, calibrate and test flight simulators, and other support equipment
- Install changes and updates to simulators and support equipment as required
- Perform required readiness checks on flight simulation equipment and instruments
- Conduct and document preventative maintenance checks required for simulator and support equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair, and document malfunctions of simulators and support equipment
- Remove and replace faulty equipment and complete maintenance data collection records
- Assist with installation and check-out of simulator and support equipment modifications
- Assist with general field site facility activities as required
- Work from engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions
- Apply comprehensive knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals or similar documents
- Perform other related duties as required by the supervisor or site manager
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or a two-year electronic technician resident course at an accredited technical institute and/or military technical training and equivalent electronics maintenance experience on equipment of similar complexity
- Must have at least 4 years' electronic maintenance experience and have demonstrated competence by satisfactory progressive performance in electronic maintenance on simulation systems of comparable complexity to those supported on this program
- This position requires experience in large-scale integrated multi-computer systems, video generation and display systems, large-scale complex digital interfaces, high density cable/plug repair, software maintenance, and comprehensive troubleshooting and repair of general training device peripheral systems
- This is an overseas Field Service position and may require travel to other overseas locations.
- Prospective employee must be able to work independently and interface with the customer and home office when on travel.
- SECRET Clearance required
- CompTia certification in one or all of the following: Security+, A+, or Network+, is a plus
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.ID:uDnQdo