Field Engineer – Electronic Radar Management
Elmendorf Afb, AK
Country:United States of America
Location:AK203: 6902 Elmendorf AFB, 6902 Elmendorf AFB,Eareckson AOFB,Shemya, Alaska, 99506, United States of America
The position you are applying for is with Vertex Technology & Training Solutions which was formerly Raytheon Global Training & Logistics. Vertex Aerospace LLC acquired Raytheon Global Training & Logistics in December 2021.
Field Engineer - Electronic Radar Management
Raytheon currently has an opportunity for an experienced professional serving as a Field Engineer – Electronic Radar Management in support of the Northwest Range Operations and Sustainment (NWROS) program, responsible for operations, maintenance, and sustainment for Replica and Threat Radar systems at the JPARC on Eielson, AFB.
Maintenance responsibility will be to the component level and require coordination with system engineering staff and require day-to-day trouble shooting, fault identification and complete system function check of Replica and Threat radar systems equipment in support of daily training missions and exercises in a Live-Virtual Constructive training environment.
The NWROS is a turnkey, comprehensive support contract that facilitates sustainment/maintenance of range facilities, planning and execution of exercise and/or daily training mission support and Live-Virtual and Constructive (LVC) integration in support of training at Eielson AFB and Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, AK. Key tasks include:
- Operate, diagnose and repair threat radar systems.
- Use technical knowledge of electronics principles, to identify equipment malfunctions and employ skills and tools to restore equipment operations.
- Operate, maintain, repair, and install various types of electronic equipment and devices related to all aspects of radar, to include transmitters, receiver’s servo systems, mixers and switches, amplifiers, and wiring.
- Utilize technical expertise to solve complex problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals or similar documents.
- Provide technical guidance to lower level technicians as required.
- Coordinate with OEM and systems engineering staff for Threat Radar system operations, repair and sustainment.
- Assist team in operations of Russian radar and U.S. Threat Simulators systems operations and maintenance.
- Work inside and outside in various temperatures providing engineering guidance to facilitate repair and maintenance of radar equipment and associated systems.
- Attend meetings with government and contract employees.
- Plan/coordinate scheduled maintenance and services to ensure minimal impact on training missions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Five years of experience as an Electronics Radar Technician.
- Ability to operate and maintain digital and analog electronic equipment.
- Experience with EW/RF radar systems.
- Understands the interrelationships of circuits and judgment in planning work sequence and in selecting tools and testing instruments.
- Ability to apply experience and technical skills to the maintenance functions of these systems.
- Knowledge and experience of electronic test equipment used for preventive and remedial maintenance.
- Experience using oscilloscope, volt-ohm meters, frequency counters and generators, logic analyzers/emulators, computers, spectrum analyzers, power meters and waveform monitors.
- Carry out job requirements with limited supervision.
- Perform and maintain related technical/administrative additional duties.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to timely implement new solutions.
- Capable of operating in a dynamic environment, subject to rapid operational and environmental changes.
- Knowledge of radar theory and operation, signal generations techniques, RF system, RF test equipment experience.
- Ability to read/understand OEM technical manuals and schematics.
- Knowledge and experience with using Flap Lid, Clam Shell, SA-11, SA-15, and other radar systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct presentations in front of senior level management and customers.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong inter-personal skills and demonstrated ability to work across diverse groups of people and at all levels of an organization.
- Reside near or be willing to relocate to the vicinity of Fairbanks/Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska.
- Ability to work outdoors in cold/artic conditions, elevated heights and in remote/austere locations.
- Work will be performed on elevated heights and in remote work areas.
- Able to walk, bend, climb and lift up to 45 pounds without accommodation.
- Ability to obtain/retain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Prior military experience a plus.
- Experience with multiple frequency band Radar systems (including S-Band and X-Band).
- Previous experience supporting live fire range operations for both direct fire and air delivered munitions with similar Instrumentation and Architecture.
- Experience operating or maintaining FSU threat radar systems to the component level.
- Ability to obtain a commercial driver's license (CDL).
Associate degree or higher in Electrical Engineering. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms