Field Measuring Tech – Southern Region
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
1. Travel to customer locations throughout the U.S. on short notice to perform field measurements of Fans, Material Handling equipment, and air handling equipment.
2. Utilize a variety of measuring and scanning devices to gather all relevant measurements and provide sketches, drawings, and pictures for quotes and production designs.
3. Produce customer general arrangement drawings. Produce fabrication drawings, including dimensioning, weld specifications, and machining tolerances for shop use. Checking of drawings produced by other designers. Perform design analysis as requested.
4. Interaction and Communication with persons, internal to and outside of the company, and vendors, with regard to drawings, design information, project management, fabrication support, installation support, and general customer support. Participate in meetings and conference calls as needed.
5. Clear and Effective Communication Skills - Create supporting documentation for as-built designs. Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Create drawing release transmittals and manufacturing orders for the fabrication and machine shops. Create requisitions, bills of materials, and parts orders. Print and store drawings. Assist in the creation of job specific operation and maintenance manuals.
6. Perform any other work as assigned by your supervisor
7. Perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
8. Work effectively – alone and with other team members as required.
9. Strive to meet customer and company expectations of quality and engineering design standards.
ATTRIBUTES: What are the Essential Knowledge/Skills/Abilities for this position?
• Experience in machinery design and drafting practices.
• Knowledge and ability to use Autocad for the detailing of customer arrangement drawings, shop fabrication drawings, checking and validation, load/lifting diagrams, and BOM’s. Having 3D experience is beneficial but not necessary.
• Knowledge of machining practices and tolerances, and welding principles.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet specific deadlines.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Problem solving skills with simple and logical solutions.
• Mechanically inclined.
Job Demands include, but are not limited to:
• Must be physically able to perform work assigned. Must be able to perform field measuring tasks which can include climbing ladders and stairs, entering into confined spaces, as well as extreme temperature, humidity, etc.
• Must have or be able to obtain MSHA and OSHA safety certification.
• Ability to work safely and follow safety rules of customer locations
• Ability to work overtime if needed. Can be after hours and/or weekends.
• Extensive travel – typically once per week with durations of 1 to 3 days. Must have a valid credit card and driver’s license for use with travel - company will reimburse all valid expenses.