Field Sales Account Representative
Cargill Meat Solutions
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Field Sales Account Representative will develop customer sales strategies and build relations by prospecting new customers, managing a customer base that maximizes product revenue, and improves pricing gaps for Cargill Protein Sales team based in Manteca CA. In this role, you will help identify and contact prospective customers, build relationships, and contribute to the assessment of customer needs by suggesting appropriate products, services and solutions that maximize product revenue and improves profitability. Work closely with account management and location buyers to coordinate and align on pricing and inventory management.
- Seek out, find, and develop prospect customers into regularly ordering accounts.
- Align with customer partners to sell products, quoting and negotiating product pricing within pricing function guidelines.
- Develop customer sales strategies to meet customer goals and objectives.
- Gather and communicate channel, market, customer or competitive information and intelligence and interact with team on strategy and pricing functions.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of sales, marketing, customer service, account management and/or trading.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Package (Microsoft Outlook, Excel).
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
- Experience with related food/CPG sales (animal protein)
- Experience building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Experience in order entry systems.
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- The expected base salary for this position is $60,000 – 65,000. Compensation varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific location, certifications, education, and level of experience. The disclosed range estimate may be adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. This position is eligible for commission.
- At Cargill we put people first. As part of your overall rewards, we offer a comprehensive benefit program including medical and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered and hours worked. Visit: https://www.cargill.com/page/my-health/mh-health-and-wellness to learn more (subject to certain collective bargaining agreements for Union positions) .
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/VetID:uDnQdo