Field Service Engineer 1 (Oakland, CA)
Be part of something altogether life-changing.
Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us – working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a learning opportunity – so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
What you’ll do!
- The Field Service Engineer 1 will be responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of the customer’s equipment by driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
- Basic troubleshooting, installation, preventive maintenance and repair needs on designated equipment.
- Ordering and maintaining spare parts' inventory.
- Keeping up-to-date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service reports and internal service records.
- Maintaining daily communication with customers to ensure resolution and accurate follow-up, driving customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining tools and test equipment, ensuring they are accurately calibrated.
- Meeting Environment Health & Safety and all other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Leading service delivery processes in compliance with Cytiva policies.
- Utilizing detailed processes and root cause analysis to resolve customer service issues.
- Participating in service & instrument sales opportunities to promote business growth.
- Working with the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within the area.
- Training of customers on specific equipment.
- Local & national travel may be required.
Who you are!
- Bachelors degree in Biomedical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or relevant degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other STEM field. Equivalent military education or Associates Degree with relevant work experience.
- Experience working with both internal team members and external customers for collaborative success.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns preferred.
- Availability "after hours", or work a rotating on-call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
- The successful applicant is required to follow Cytiva’ s standard background check, including a post-offer drug test.
- During employment, the employee must follow all customer access policies, including but not limited to acquiring and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
- Special Physical Requirements: Able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship required.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.