Field Service Engineer – Lexington / Cambridge MA (C2)
Performs all standard service activities through Tier I unassisted. Performs standard Tier II with assistance. Able to perform routine preventative maintenance within established timeframes. Completes quality repairs.
Responds to fab issues by communicating with other engineers and participating in escalation conference calls. May participate in projects to reduce costs and increase uptime.
Verifies operational quality of system equipment. Assists senior engineers as needed.
Applies diagnostic techniques and use of documentation and test equipment with assistance from senior engineers. Ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems. Uses training and experience to identify some process, software or hardware related system problems.
Strives to perform BKM’s. Uses knowledge management systems. Follows all IP guidelines.
Assumes responsibility for complete customer satisfaction within work area. Assists in planning, communicating, and coordinating support plans with customer management.
Complies with all safety procedures and consistently demonstrates safety as a value.
- Has established skills to perform a range of day-to-day activities
- Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others in the discipline
- Assumes responsibility for full customer satisfaction assuring excellent relations within assigned area
- Has no supervisory responsibilities; manages own workload
- Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area without supervisory approval; evaluates and selects solutions from established options
- Impacts own team through the quality of the services or information provided; follows standardized procedures and practices and receives regular but moderate supervision and guidance
- Uses communication skills to exchange information
Years of Experience:2 - 4 Years
Travel:Yes, 20% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:$27.30 - $37.40
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.ID:uDnQdo