Field Service Engineer – NYC Area
Home Based, NY
Are you a current Elekta employee?
Please click here to apply through our internal career site Find Jobs - Elekta.
Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!
We don´t just build technology. We build hope.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our team!
Preferred location: NYC Area
What you’ll do at Elekta:
As a Field Service Engineer, you must be customer focused and able to perform all mechanical and electronic repairs required in a timely fashion while meeting all required administrative requirements. This position warrants the highest level of professional representation between the customer and the company in all aspects of the customer relations. It also warrants the undivided support of projects, programs, and policies established by the company.
- Able to complete all Technician Responsibilities with 100% accuracy.
- Independently perform routine troubleshooting and repairs on the designated modality with an 80% success rate of diagnosing the problem while working within the escalation procedure.
- Perform routine calibrations and preventative maintenance on their designated modality and secondary modality.
- Perform installations with assistance, on designated and secondary modality.
- Work safely in confined areas, including high current/ high voltages modulators (20- 50 kV, 1500A), and use peripheral vision to gauge distances. The confined areas have potential hand/arm ‘traps.’ Depth perception is critical.
- Work safely on Elekta’s full range of products including medical devices producing high-energy ionizing radiation.
- Read, analyze, interpret and follow signal flow on blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Instruct customers and staff in proper use of the equipment.
- Assist Sales/Customer Service with technical advice.
- Stay current on all new products.
- Submit timely and accurately; service reports, timesheets, expense reports, film badges and other paperwork as assigned.
- Parts inventory management (Part sales where applicable).
- Provide product feedback to home office.
- Maintain all company-leased equipment, including company automobile, parts, and tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Incorporates Elekta Values into all department functions and responsibilities.
- Adhere to all Elekta directives, policies and procedures
We believe you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are always in search for a better way. You are an excellent communicator who supports the team members and wants an opportunity to truly make an impact. We believe that you have:
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Electronics, Physics, or an associated discipline.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of related field service experience or be Level 2 qualified in two (2) or more modalities.
- Possess a good electro-mechanical aptitude.
- Computer literate.
- Proficiency in the use of test equipment and hand tools including oscilloscopes, multi-meters.
- A good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice, including ESD requirements.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to organize and prepare reports.
- Ability to bend and lift heavy machinery/equipment.
- Must be willing to travel when required and work independently.
- Uphold the Elekta’s philosophy and all policies and procedures by maintaining appropriate controls to assure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, there by fulfilling legal responsibilities and enhancing the quality of our organization.
- Must maintain an active driver’s license in the home state.
- Employee is required to comply with all customer vendor credentialing requirements and Elekta's COVID-19 (U.S.) Vaccination Policy.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work with a proactive and supportive team
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k, paid Vacation and Holiday
- A health of additional benefits including wellness reimbursement, tuition reimbursement and flexible spending account
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge in medical advancement
- Close-knit company culture
- Upward mobility
How to proceed?
We are looking forward receiving your resumé. Please attach your resumé in the application form and we will contact you!
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Lisa Zhang, Talent Acquisition Partner on LinkedIn.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
The US base salary range for this position is $65,000-$95,000
[NOTE: It is understood that no single candidate will have equal expertise in all the areas of responsibility below. Successful candidates will possess a compelling combination of many of them and the self-awareness and wisdom to leverage existing and/or new resources in the area(s) where they lack personal mastery.]