Field Service Manager – Mining
Wagner Equipment Co.
Would you like to be part of a focused, dedicated team? Do you want to work and grow with other motivated, ambitious people?
Wagner Equipment Co. offers challenging career opportunities, extensive training and employee development along with an opportunity to grow your career and thrive under Wagner’s reputation for excellence. We offer excellent benefits and supply you with the tools you need to maximize your potential and grow within Wagner.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan - Up to 96 hours of PTO in your first year + 8 company paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Retirement Plans - 401K and Roth 401K , eligible employees can receive a company contribution up to 7%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- CEFCU- Citizens Equity First Credit Union - Employees have access to services include payroll deductions savings, accounts, loans, VISA card, and more.
- Additional Benefits include: Unum Supplemental life Insurance, Aflac Critical Illness + Accidental Insurance, ID WatchDog and discounted employee phone plans.
The Field Service Manager - Mining is responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the mining related field service operations at multiple properties in Colorado. Advising and making recommendations to the Customer and Denver Service Manager with respect to the best interests of the customer and company regarding fleet availability, planned and unplanned maintenance, and technician allocation.Pay rate: $69,193.31 - $94,822.28 Annually
Pay rate is dependent upon education & experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Oversees all the administrative needs and maintains the paper flow, including all invoicing, customer feedback, and calling for P.O. numbers.
- Supplies all documents and reports needed to the Service or Branch Manager
- Provides customer with an itemized accounting of hours worked and work performed
- Develops and manages yearly budget for the Field Service operation and technician requirements
- Works closely with the Branch/Service managers in policy matters as it pertains to mine site service operations
- Collaborates with the WTI Service Training Manager to schedule field technicians into respective schools and classes available to ensure technicians have current and necessary skills
- Ensures compliance with any site required safety equipment and training
- Works with customer to ensure high standards of quality of work
- Provides and maintains schedule of work on all extended equipment outages
- Applies working knowledge of Caterpillar systems to include basic mechanical and elect, and hydraulic systems
- Plans any long-term and short-term truck equipment and tooling purchases and makes recommendations to the Branch/Service manager
- Makes long and short range plans on equipment and technician requirements and makes recommendations to the Branch/Service Manager
- Ensures housekeeping and safety in the work area are consistent with company standards
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Oversees site specific Field Service and Resident Technicians
- Hires, trains, and directs the work of all field service personnel to efficiently perform at the highest level possible
- Conducts performance reviews for all Field Service technicians
- Encourages the adherence to the company Principles in Practice and Core Values, and other company policies and guidelines
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some college or trade school preferred
- 5+ years experience servicing heavy equipment
- 3-5 years administrative/clerical
- 5+ years customer service experience
- 3-5 years sales experience
- 3-5 years supervisory/management experience
Physical Demands & Competencies:
- Standing, walking, talking, sitting, use of hands & hearing
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders, stairs, etc.
- Medium work that includes lifting and/or moving objects up to 32 pounds or more
- Data Entry, telephone, reading/writing, reasoning, organizational, communication & math skills
- Safety & Product Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Access
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of Wynne and ET/SIS/SIS Web/STW
- Advanced knowledge of DBS
- Noise: Moderate
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Up to 25%
Job Offers are contingent upon all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.