Field Service Representative
Stiles Machinery, Inc.
San Jose, CA
Stiles has been helping manufacturers nationwide increase their efficiency and productivity for more than 50 years. With world-class machinery backed by an experienced and responsive support team, extensive parts inventory, unique upgrade capabilities, and a nationally accredited education and training program, Stiles builds solutions around our customer’s needs.
We offer expertise in manufacturing a range of materials, including wood, plastics, composites, carbon fiber, glass, stone, and nonferrous metals. Our innovative concepts, new technologies, and outstanding service extend to aerospace, transportation, alternative energy, architecture and structural elements, furniture, retail fixtures, and other industries.
Stiles is headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and has regional offices in High Point, North Carolina; Bristol, Pennsylvania; Coppell, Texas; and Rancho Cucamonga, California.
Interested in joining the Stiles team? We offer our team members a generous benefit package, an opportunity for career advancement, and support in your career every step of the way!
As a Field Service Representative, you’ll apply your technical, electrical, and mechanical skills to assist customers with our machinery and equipment. Whether installing, troubleshooting, educating, or providing maintenance, you’re there to save the day. Like solving problems and don’t mind traveling? You’ve come to the right place.
What you’ll do:
- Perform installation, start-up services, and operation instruction on all equipment represented by the company.
- Provide prompt follow-up reports on work performed, problems encountered, and customer concerns.
- Recommend improvements pertaining to the operation and reliability of our products, when appropriate.
- Form positive relationships with customers and their employees and serve as adjunct support in resolving equipment problems through recommendations and troubleshooting.
- Assist in training customers and other Field Service Representatives in the use, operation, adjustments, and proper maintenance procedures for our equipment.
- Maintain demo equipment and ensure proper operation; assist in customer presentation and demonstration, as needed.
- Learn the latest installation/maintenance procedures and techniques while assisting vendor technicians and other installers.
What you can expect:
- Competitive pay with incremental sign-on bonuses
- Attractive benefits package with health, dental, vision, and life insurance, plus PTO and retirement options
- Opportunities for on-the-job training, advancement, and earned accreditations
- An average of four days of regional travel, with overtime and mileage reimbursement.
What you need:
- Valid driver’s license
- Flexible schedule with ability to travel regularly
- Two years of electronic technical school or equivalent experience, or willingness to learn
- Associates Degree preferred
- Completion of Field Service training program or prior experience in N/C or P/C service/maintenance or maintenance/operation experience
If you are currently an employee of a Stiles Machinery customer or dealer, we need written approval from Senior Management of your current employer before continuing the application process.
Starting Base Salary: $42,000-$65,000 plus OT