Field Service Tech TX
Experienced natural gas compressor mechanic needed at Flogistix LP with at least 3-5 years of experience working on various compression units preferred but not required. Experience with both screw type and reciprocating compressors, as well as various engines such as GM, Cummins, and CAT is preferred but not required. Knowledge and experience with variable frequency drives is also preferred but not required. Basic computer knowledge and experience with automation controls are preferred. Our shop needs a team player who can also work independently and has strong communication skills.
Candidates for Mechanic jobs need to have a High School Diploma and courses related to this field.
Duties will include the following:
- Building and assembling machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect engines, and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conducting repairs aiming for maximum reliability
We are looking for a skilled Mechanic to repair equipment as required. You will be responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of equipment, engines and mechanical systems.
An excellent mechanic must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.
- Build and assemble equipment or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect equipment, engines, etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and equipment
- Undertake other duties as assigned
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- This is a "safety sensitive" position.
- Candidate must be able to speak, read and write English
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; walk; kneel; stoop; use hands to handle/feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Will occasionally be required to climb or balance. Must maintain a valid drivers license.ID:uDnQdo