Field Service Tech
Extreme Packaging Machinery
Wood Dale, IL
nVenia, a member of the Duravant family of operating companies, is a manufacturer and supplier of integrated solutions and packaging equipment machinery. With over 300 years of combined experience, our long-standing brands of Arpac, Fischbein, Hamer and Ohlson serve end customers in the consumer-packaged goods, food and beverage, industrial, and other markets.
nVenia is committed to a culture that promotes long term career satisfaction and provides an opportunity for personal and professional growth. We succeed by operating within our core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Sense of Urgency and Winning Spirit. At nVenia, we offer an excellent total rewards package that includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to support our employees’ health, well-being, and financial security
- Work/life programs designed to provide a safe, secure, and balanced environment
- Education and training programs to develop and grow a high-performance workforce
- Performance-based rewards
Located in a brand-new facility in Wood Dale, we are seeking a Field Service Technician. The Field Service Technician is responsible to deliver total equipment lifecycle management services that optimize the performance of OEM equipment throughout its entire life cycle. These services include installation, start-up/commissioning, preventive maintenance, emergency repairs, audits and training. The Field Service Technician travels to customer sites to perform planned services, troubleshoot issues, make repairs, recommend spare parts and provide upgrades/modernization. A qualified candidate will be self-motivated, professional, energetic, positive, and disciplined to be able to perform in time-pressured and intensive work environments.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct field service calls at customer sites to provide installation, commissioning, emergency repair, preventive maintenance, audits, retrofits and training services
- Perform mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC programs and servo drive configuration
- Conduct site visit meetings with customer contacts to include explanation of job scope and work completed
- Conduct training with customer’s personnel to ensure understanding of the sequence of operations, proper functionality, and general maintenance of equipment
- Achieve service delivery goals including response time, first time fix and customer satisfaction rates
- Communicate effectively with field service management and internal service support team to efficiently resolve customer issues
- Provide off-hour and weekend emergency technical support on a scheduled rotation
- Responsible for timely and accurate documentation of all service activities
- Provide equipment reliability feedback to quality engineering and collaborate on improvements
- Attend training classes and technician meetings as required
- Comply to industry, company and customer safe working practices
- Extensive travel
- Must be at least 21 years of age, with a valid driver’s license, good driving record and passport
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics is desired
- EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics degree is a plus
- Minimum of five years’ experience troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical machines in the field
- Travel up to 80%, including overnights as necessary
- Military experience a plus
- PLC integration experience a plus.
Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, may be required to climb and work in high places, stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The incumbent must occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but at times loud. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.ID:uDnQdo