Field Service Technician
Avon Lake, OH
Who we are
For more than 40 years, Covanta has been at the forefront of sustainable materials management, providing companies and communities world-class waste and resource solutions.
Through our diverse and scalable full-service capabilities, we’re leading the charge to a carbon-negative future—reducing, reusing, recycling and reimagining waste for the benefit of both people and planet.
Our differentiator comes from our vast ecosystem of technology, facilities, and partnerships, trusted by the world’s largest organizations to solve their most pressing environmental challenges, and achieve their most ambitious environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals.
All that we’re missing is you. Join us today!!
Diversity, inclusivity, engagement—these are the values that help us foster a strong sense of community within Covanta. By embracing the unique talents, perspectives, and experiences of our employees, we cultivate an environment that embraces teamwork, encourages open dialogue, and provides opportunities for growth.
Circon Environmental is currently searching for a full time Field Service Technician. Starting pay is competitive in the industry but based off of experience. We offer complete health benefits, vacation time, and more after the probationary period.
Job Summary: This position is critical to the effective and efficient operation of Field Services. The Field Technicians main function is to provide labor resources on Field Service projects.
Field Service Technician Main Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Begins to learn operations of equipment such as forklifts, pressure washers, skid steers
- Performs labor intensive activities in all weather conditions throughout the day
- Removes materials from tanks, pits, or trenches with hand tools
- Performs cleaning duties utilizing an industrial pressure washer
- Learns and uses routine equipment safely and according to safety procedures
- Housekeeping: Maintain a neat and clean working environment
- Acts as a professional representative of Circon while acting in an autonomous manner at a customer site
- Complies with OSHA Health and Safety Rules and completes required training provided by Circon as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Field Service Technician Requirements:
- High school Diploma or GED
- Maintains a valid Drivers License
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk, see or hear
- The position involves sitting, walking, crouching, crawling, driving and lifting less than 10 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day or lift-up to 50 pounds.
- May be subject to heat and cold stress environments, both inside and outside
- Climb stairs and scaffolding and works at heights.
- Enters confined spaces as required and in accordance with safety policies and procedures
- May be exposed to noise levels requiring hearing protection
- The worker may be exposed to hazards such as moving vehicles, moving mechanical parts
- The worker may be exposed to chemical hazards which may require the use of respirators and other Personal Protective Equipment.
Interested and qualified candidates for the Field Service Technician opening should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at email@example.com.ID:uDnQdo