Field Service Technician II
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates courteously with co-workers and customers at all times.
- Communicates directly with customers via telephone or face-to-face contact at job sites or residences.
- Determines urgency of service calls and schedules accordingly.
- May schedule own appointments by telephone or respond to direction from dispatching office staff.
- Orders parts for each service assigned and reschedules appointments as necessary when parts are not available at the time of scheduled service.
- Troubleshoots product issues and develops and follows through on a plan to make corrections.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools.
- Performs most complex repairs independently with little or no supervision.
- Works closely with the Team Leader to plan and coordinate large or complicated projects.
- Regularly serves as a trainer for lower level Field Service Technicians. Shares knowledge and experiences willingly with others for training purposes.
- Provides feedback to leadership regarding performance and developmental opportunities for lower level Field Service Technicians’ development.
- Determines if service is a warranty or installation issue.
- Notifies distributors of problems arising from improper installation when necessary.
- Provides feedback to leaders in Field Service and Manufacturing regarding manufacturing problems and offers recommendations for solutions.
- Works collaboratively with co-workers on projects involving multiple Field Service Technicians.
- Operates as key point of contact when the Team Leader is not present.
- Ensures customer residence and/or job site is returned to original condition.
- Documents the service call including any observations made and all actions taken.
- Submits closing service information to the Field Service Office in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all work is performed in a safe and professional manner, adhering to company and department safety and work policies.
- Maintains proper inventory level of parts and supplies in warehouse and in vehicle/van.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance and appearance.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Strong knowledge of PGT products and warranties.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in manufacturing and/or repair of windows and doors.
- Ability to use computer and other office equipment and software to e-mail or fax correspondence. Must be able to log information in a computer database.
- Excellent knowledge of the safe use of hand and power tools.
- Must have a clean driving record per PGT’s safe driving policy.
- Must have the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting.
- Basic English language skills.
- Must communicate effectively and courteously with distributors, builders, owners, office staff and other customers.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees and customers.
- Bi-lingual in English & Spanish preferred.
- May be required in locations with a high concentration of Spanish Speaking customers.
- Ability to apply trouble shooting procedures to determine the causes of problems and identify solutions.
- Ability to recognize situations that could result in potential liability for PGT. Notifies appropriate PGT personnel for guidance in difficult situations.
- Uses good judgment.
- In order to complete repairs, required to lift products with assistance sometimes weighing over 150 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and climb as a regular part of the job duties.
- Must be able to work at heights when repairing products that may be several stories high by using aerial lifts, scaffold, or other means to access products for repairs.
- Works at various job sites and out of a van/vehicle.
- Job sites can be new construction, residential homes and/or commercial buildings.