Field Service Technician – Renton/Tacoma, WA
Mitutoyo America Corp.
What You'll Do:
- This position installs, calibrates and repairs precision measuring equipment at customer sites.
- The travel is within 450 miles from your home.
- Sometimes you are required to take a plane.
- 100% travel M-F overnight stays
- 65k-68k plus $700 month car allowance and reimbursed gas
- Must have reliable vehicle
- Room for growth FST 1, 2, 3 and senior
- 3-6 month training program (home on weekends)
Skills You Need: Why Work for Mitutoyo?
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Computer skills
- Working with your hands
- Problem Solving
Why choose Mitutoyo?
Mitutoyo America Corporation is a leader in the field of precision measuring tools and instruments. We serve an important role in providing state-of-the-art measurement products to manufacturing companies throughout North America. We are the only full-line provider of Metrology solutions in North America that can satisfy every measurement challenge faced by our customers. Our benefits include:
- Competitive Salary package
- Minimum 17 days PTO plus at least 10 paid holidays per year
- Shut down period at the end of the year
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- STD, LTD, Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Plan plus company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Recognition
- Company Vacation House in Florida
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform installations, troubleshooting, repair, and calibration of assigned product group(s).
- Promote the sale of customer service agreements as appropriate.
- Maintain daily contact with headquarters as per Mitutoyo America Corporation Field Service (MACFS) standard operating procedures (SOP), including daily check of schedule, reporting start/stop times, etc.
- Maintain contact with customers in accordance with jobs as scheduled per MACFS SOP.
- Train end users in proper preventive maintenance procedures for equipment as required.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork weekly; this shall include work orders, calibration reports, time/activity reports, expense reports and any other paperwork, as required.
- Email all completed work orders, calibration data to MACFS within 24-72 hours of completion of job assignment.
- Maintain equipment and ensure that it is in good working condition as per MACFS procedures, ensure calibration standards have up to date calibration certificates and stickers showing calibration due dates per accredited procedures. Perform interim checks as required and forward to the office monthly.
- Maintain good customer relations informing management of any potential problems relating to customer complaints, software or hardware problems.
- Perform job in accordance with MACFS quality management system as instructed by management to sure integrity, competence, confidentiality and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain an up to date parts inventory by properly charging for parts on work orders as required, and the prompt return of unused and defective parts that are under warranty, including the proper paperwork describing part status, in a timely manner.
- Must conform with all compliance issues related to calibration as instructed by management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: Manufacturing Environment. Quality Room Environment.
Physical Demands: The person in this position needs to lift, move and carry up to 50 lbs. This position requires bending, squatting, and reaching.
Additional Requirements: Valid Driver’s License. Must be a US Person (LPA or US Citizen)
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position.
Monday – Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM
Travel: Up to 100% travel. Up to 8 hours daily driving.
Required Education and Experience: Education equivalent to four years of college. Two years’ experience.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reports to: Field Service Supervisor or Assistant Field Service Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability & Veteran