Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician – Virginia, MN
Road Machinery & Supplies Co. is searching for a Field Technician to join its team in the Virginia, MN area. In this role, you will be the service repair contact of RMS for the customers you serve in your geographic area but may also be dispatched to other geographic areas as needed. You will be responsible for a high standard of quick response time to customers and will be required to have a high sense of urgency in prioritizing customer repairs.
As a member of the team, you will enjoy:
- Work Culture – RMS is family-owned and treats their team members right. RMS values long term relationships with our customers, vendors, and each other.
- Career Opportunities – Experience a career with the support and encouragement to develop yourself and others.
- Competitive Compensation Packages – Based on experience and other factors.
- Full Benefits Package – Including medical, dental, life, 401(k), and vacation.
- Stability and Reputation – RMS has been in business for 95 years and continues to grow.
- Maintain Communication between customers and internal RMS departments in order to complete work and grow service labor sales.
- Utilize various computer programs and OEM software along with RMS resources to complete jobs, utilizing operator manuals, technical drawings, and electrical/hydraulic schematics.
- Perform troubleshooting and diagnostics to determine what repairs are needed, communicate needs, and make necessary repairs.
- Test equipment after repair and assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance has been achieved.
- Maintain company service vehicle, inventory, tools, and equipment adhering to DOT and MSHA compliance.
- Keep updated with knowledge of RMS and competitor products through vendor, internal, and online training.
- Five (5) years’ experience as a Field Service Technician for an OEM Heavy Equipment Distributor
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Exceptional skills in hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting, and repair of heavy construction equipment are required.
- Skilled in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Possess a current valid CDL B driver’s license with a clean record, and the ability to successfully pass drug and fitness for duty tests.
- Able to complete required documentation, reports, and repairs in a timely manner exceeding deadlines while utilizing general computer applications.
- Demonstrates openness to new procedures, technology, and structure with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as needed with some overnight travel.
- Able to work responsibly, safely, and intelligently.
- Have the desire to take action, improve, and be appreciative.
- Possess the capability to engage and communicate with customers, co-workers, and vendors in a respectful and professional manner.
About Road Machinery & Supplies Co.
Road Machinery & Supplies Co. is a distributor of construction and mining equipment with sales and support operations throughout the Upper Midwest. RMS is a multiline dealer, representing the best brands of construction equipment in the industry, including Komatsu, KPI-JCI, Epiroc, Sennebogen, Gomaco, LeeBoy, Roadtec, and Bomag.
At Road Machinery & Supplies Co. we understand our customers depend on our expertise, performance, and commitment to avoid downtime, lost production, and cost over-runs. Our employees are committed to providing the services, technical support, and product solutions that let our customers complete their projects on schedule and within budget, allowing their businesses to thrive. We also invite you to visit our website at www.rmsequipment.com to apply online. Equal Opportunity Employer.