Field Support Specialist
BUILD YOUR FUTURE WHILE YOU HELP BUILD A BETTER WORLD!
As North America’s largest roofing maintenance service provider, we’re obsessed with making good roofs, and good buildings, better. Restoring instead of replacing wherever we can is the right thing for our customers and our planet, and it’s a big part of what makes Tremco Roofing and WTI so unique.
If you’re looking for a place to build a career and a life, with great benefits, advancement opportunity, technology, people and a commitment to a sustainable future, you’ve found it with us.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Tremco is currently hiring a Field Support Specialist in eastern Pennsylvania and north-central New Jersey.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base Salary with strong commission potential
- Full health benefits, 401k, pension plan
- Great support for training and guidance
- Opportunity for advancement
- Paid Expenses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
|Assisting Sales|| |
Assisting the Sales Representative with sales process from prospecting to closing; developing business in assigned markets, providing solid market presence including serving customers.
Assisting the Sales Representative in making sales. This work may include, but is not limited to: preparing and/or distributing marketing materials; inspection and evaluation of the property; preparing roof drawings and sketches; preparing scope of work documents; preparing proposals; attending sales calls; pricing patch and repair jobs; providing technical expertise; and attending meetings with the architect, contractor and/or owner.
This work may include, but is not limited to: identifying; analyzing; and resolving any problems; and preparing reports to owners regarding the condition of roofs. When and where necessary or required, may perform QA/ QA+ inspections, Tremcare Gold Service (periodic visual inspection with minor repairs being addressed where detected on Tremco warranted roofs only).
|Monitoring Installation|| |
Visits to project sites to monitor installation of Tremco roofing products for the purpose of determining whether to issue a Tremco warranty. This work may include, but is not limited to: monitoring progress of the installation; identifying any aspect of installation that does not comply with specifications; reviewing and resolving concerns of architects, contractors and owners regarding Tremco’s installation instructions; coordinating visits with contractors; and preparing reports on progress and problems for the Sales Representative.
Identifying problems arising during installation and the lifecycle of the roof. This work may include but is not limited to: identifying source(s) of leaks; analyzing problems to determine the best solution; monitoring implementation of the solution; and preparing written action plans.
|This work will represent less than 45% of the SA’s time|
|Manual Labor|| |
Performing patch and repair work for small leaks that can be performed quickly after identifying the leak and other infrequent, limited physical labor. Performing minor maintenance (caulking, flashing touch up, applying small amounts of mastic, removing debris, etc.) to prevent potential leaks.
|Other Work|| |
This work may include but is not limited to: conducting diagnostic infra-red scans of roofs; taking photographs; preparing CADD drawings; and delivering or picking up samples, documents or small products from/to architects, owners and contractors.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum: Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or combination of education and experience. Must have a minimum of two to three years of related hands-on experience and/or training in a similar role. Prior sales and/or customer related experience in roofing industry required.
- Thorough understanding and application of roofing and waterproofing contracting standards.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and familiarity with CADD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to build relationships and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Good analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and technical information, e.g. professional journals and periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to draft reports, business correspondence and similar documents.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, contractors, and architects.
- Ability to communicate business and technical information (e.g. information relating to status of projects, remediation plans, and customer concerns) to Sales Representative.
- Intermediate skills: ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, area, circumference and volume.
- High skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to climb interior/exterior ladders to access roofs and carry equipment up to approximately fifty pounds over short distances.
- Ability to walk along roof top edges (i.e., no fear of heights, good balance).
- Tolerance to exposure to outside weather conditions (heat, cold, etc.).