Field Technician & Installer-home every night!!
CCI Systems, Inc.
Location: Pickford, Hessel, Cedarville, Curtis, Engadine, Naubinway & surrounding areas.
Why Astrea? We are a division of CCI Systems, Inc., an Employee-Owned Telecommunications Company based in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and experience. Our business is focused on bringing High-speed Internet, TV, and Telephone services to those who choose small-town living. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, flexibility, paid on the job training, overtime, professional development, and inspire you to be bold, yet accountable. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking a full-time Field Technician, Service and Installer who exemplifies responsibility, dependability, professionalism, and exceptional customer service to install coaxial cable, telephone services, internet services, and other equipment such as digital boxes and modems for our customers. We provide a collaborative environment with a great work culture that encourages learning and pushes you to rise to the next level!
- Perform new installations, reconnects, disconnects, or upgrades for commercial and residential customers for high-speed internet, phone, and TV.
- Pull and terminate classified and unclassified cabling such as Cat5, Cat6, Coax, Copper and Fiber optics.
- Pull, test, terminate, and troubleshoot Cat5, Cat6, and Coax voice and data cables.
- Identify run locations, installed cable, and terminated network cables.
- Distribution tap from main line into home.
- Diagnose and repair customer premises issues.
- Maintain HFC plant and troubleshoot outages, as necessary.
- Provide exceptional customer service that will include, but is not limited to, up-selling products and services to new and existing customers.
- Educate customers on the use of the equipment and ensure they have the necessary materials regarding channel lineup and their services.
- Keep vehicles clean, maintained, and ensure adequate inventory.
- Ensure all work is done in a neat and professional manner.
- Submit documentation for completed work orders.
- Background in CATV installation and plant troubleshooting is preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate!
- Basic CATV Head End knowledge.
- Strong customer advocacy skills; friendly, approachable, communicative, knowledgeable, with a resilient work ethic.
- Resourcefulness, ability to multi-task, and work independently.
- Inclined to learn, adapt, and accept increasing responsibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to: carry a 28’ ladder and climb to heights exceeding 18’ – use hand tools and drill – work in confined spaces – work within deadlines – produce accurate and neat work.
- Ability to carry and lift up to 70 pounds.
- This position requires local travel and home every night!
- A company vehicle and fuel card will be provided.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to travel and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Stable company with year-round work.
- Opportunity to advance your career.
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance.
- 401(K) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Life insurance, short-term disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) options.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Wellness Plan with reimbursement.
Shift is Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 am – 4:30 pm EST with possibility of work outside business hours as needed. On-call nights and weekends on a rotating basis.
CCI Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.