Filling Operator I 1st Shift
New Albany, OH
This entry level position is a member of the Manufacturing Team. The Manufacturing Team is responsible for activities associated with the manufacture of safe, effective, and sterile pharmaceuticals in accordance with company SOPs, policies and cGMPs. The Manufacturing Team ensures asepsis and sanitary conditions are maintained where required, that appropriate manufacturing area and equipment records are neat and accurate and that safe, effective and professional behavior is displayed at all times. In conjunction with Production Management the Manufacturing Team provides input and assistance to other Departments as needed, playing a critical role in maintaining production schedules and meeting company goals. The Team Member will be able to participate in all aspects of the Manufacturing Process. The Manufacturing Process includes semi-automatic loading of glass vials, caps and seals into manufacturing machinery, semi-automatic unloading of finished product from the manufacturing machinery and the set-up/tear down and line clearances of the manufacturing equipment. The manufacturing technology utilized at American Regent – New Albany includes HMI-PLC/SCADA controlled Isolation Barrier Filling, Autoclave Sterilization, VHP Sterilization, CIP Sanitation, SIP Sterilization and Lypholization. The Team Member will assist with all activities associated with the manufacturing process under the direct supervision of Senior Manufacturing Team Members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
· Gathers, stages and returns production materials in support of manufacturing activities.
· Assists team members with equipment assembly, cleaning, and storage as required to support manufacturing.
· Maintains cleanliness of manufacturing equipment and areas as required to support manufacturing activities.
· Staffs various stations in support of container washing, filling, stoppering, and capping. Will offload finished product.
· Attends all training programs as required by Company SOPs, policies, and procedures.
· Perform any other tasks/duties as assigned by management.
· We all must embrace the QUALITY culture.
Qualifications and Requirements
· High School Diploma or GED preferred. Some college or technical training is a plus.
· Minimum 2 years work experience in a related field preferred.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
· Possesses mechanical aptitude with the ability to assemble, troubleshoot, and perform minor repairs on manufacturing equipment.
· Ability to stand in one place for prolonged periods of time, monitoring equipment and processes.
· Must be able to read documents in Standard English such as Standard Operating Procedures, maintenance schedules and operating manuals.
· Ability to work overtime as needed.
Physical Environment and Physical Requirements
· Physically able to wear cleanroom/protective gowning and equipment, including but not limited to gowning, goggles, face shields, respirators, and protective gloves. PPE and Respirators are essential for the health and safety of employees.
· Employees must maintain a clean-shaven appearance each working shift to wear tight-fitting respirators properly.
· Employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Physically able to work using isolation containment devices.
· Physically able to stand for long periods of time.
· Ability to meet and maintain cleanroom gowning requirements.
· Ability to meet and maintain respirator fit-testing requirements.
American Regent celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
American Regent Inc. endeavors to make https://americanregent.com/Careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please email email@example.com.