Finance & Accounting Intern
High Concrete Group, LLC
This position will temporarily support the HCG finance & accounting team in the development and maintenance of proper accounting control procedures, designed to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure compliance with all GAAP and various regulations. Interacting with all levels of SBU and upper management, assisting and participating in financial modeling and data collection activities that will support business-decision making for the SBU. The successful candidate must be highly self-motivated, team-oriented and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency will Microsoft Office products is preferred. Above all, the internship position will be a valuable learning experience with exposure to real-life business situations and senior leadership.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Working towards a bachelor's degree from a 4-year accredited university in business, finance, accounting, or other related disciplines.
- This position reports to the Group Controller, HCG. This position currently has no supervisory responsibility.
POSITION: HC Finance & Accounting Intern
Fundamental requirements which an individual must be able to perform to be successful in the role:
- Gathering and performing analysis on large amounts of data to provide insight and valuable information to key stakeholders to enable informed business decisions.
- Working on assigned projects that may include working cross-functionally supporting other Finance / Accounting teams, as business needs arise.
- Assistance with Lean Finance initiatives: development of Tabular, Excel, and Power BI models.
- Preparation and interpretation of cost and variance analysis, reviewing financial trends and other analytical-based work.
- Review and analysis of financial statements including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cashflow.
- Participate in operational planning providing consultation, evaluation, analysis, risk assessment, short and long-term financial projections, and coordination.
- Assist with outside audit activities, working closely with the HC accounting team to ensure all schedules are met, minimizing adjustments and unfavorable disclosures.
- Support the HC finance & accounting team in overall activities assigned to SBU’s.