Financial Accounting Manager
Coral Springs, FL
We begin with dreams. Dreams drive our motivation. Dreams are our future. The world's dreams, people's dreams, our dreams. Our passion creates ideas that make dreams come alive. Technology and products that were only dreams become reality.
All for dreams. Dreams challenge and the Nidec-Group will continue to meet the challenge. For the world's and people's tomorrows; the world's first, the world's best technologies and products; we will continue our part in creating a better society.
Job SummaryPlans and directs general accounting functions within finance department by performing the below duties, personally or through subordinate supervision. Supervises and coordinates activites of accounting staff to insure appropriate controls and reliability/accuracy of information reported. Primary accounting support for various cross-functinal matters impacting the financial reporting / controls including, but not limited to, manufacturing, inventory, purchasing, customer service, and payroll. Responsibilities include the preparation of financial statements, maintaining accounting general ledger system, assisting with interim and/or year-end financial audits, and supporting business planning as needed.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation of various operational and management reports as required
- Direct the maintenance of the general and subsidiary ledgers, fixed assets, and depreciation systems.
- Assist Controller with continued improvement to internal control structure
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of various other financnial and tax related reports in response to Corporate HQ requests
- Assist Controller in the preparation of internal/external audit matters
- Support the annual budget preparation as necessary
- Direct and assist accounting staff personnel as necessary to achieve department goals
- .Collaborate with other departments as necessary to achieve Division goals
Additional Job Details
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required
- CPA is strongly preferred, MBA a plus
- 5-10 years related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment, 3-5 years in a supervisory role
- Audit experience (internal or external) preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (USGAAP and/or IFRS)
- Experience with integrated ERPs (Oracle a plus)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Minimum 5 years of experience interfacing with and advising executive level managers.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Team focused, continuous improvement mindset
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact accounting initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff
- Language – English required, Spanish a strong plus
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.ID:uDnQdo