LSB Industries, Inc.
Oklahoma City, OK
LSB Industries is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Strategic Planning and Corporate Development team in a new role focusing on critical cross-functional initiatives. Under the supervision of the Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Development, the primary function of this project-based role is to partner with leaders across the company to perform financial analysis of strategic initiatives including greenfield projects, new market entrance, partnerships, and acquisitions. This position has the potentiall to be remote, for the right Candidate, with up to 25% travel.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Financial modeling: Creating, organizing, and managing financial models in support of a range of activities with an emphasis on applying “best practices” and growing comfortable with increasingly complex structures. Running model sensitivities to assess relative impact of key assumptions on valuation and returns. Working collaboratively with internal and external teams to develop and refine detailed project estimates.
- Valuation analyses: Market, cost, and income-based valuation analyses.
- Building the business case: Helping to form recommendations by providing data-driven insights to support decision-making. Assisting with structuring and ensuring business cases meet company criteria and hurdle rates.
- Due diligence: Collaborating with internal and external teams to assist in financial due diligence efforts. Assisting in identification of risks and mitigation.
- Market research: Undertaking research and analytics related to specific sectors, regions and products, and staying abreast of current market conditions.
- Finance, accounting, or similar business degree
- 2+ years of experience with key responsibilities, will consider a more senior role based on the candidate’s experience
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting principles and applications
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience creating and maintaining complex financial models
- Attention to detail
- Ability to create professional reports and presentations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience, preferably as an analyst at an investment bank or another transaction-focused environment.
- Experience performing cash flow analysis, ability to read and interpret financial statements, and strong accounting skills.
- Experience with financial modeling for acquisitions and/or project finance (preferred).
- Interest in the Clean Energy, Agriculture, and Chemicals sectors.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Attention to detail and ability to perform work accurately in a timely manner against strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of information.
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in continuous learning.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to include ability to generate and present reports for company leadership.
- Proficiency with MS Office including advanced Excel skills.