Financial Reporting Manager
Seaboard Foods, LLC
Shawnee Mission, KS
Seaboard’s Corporate Accounting Department is looking for a teammate to manage a variety of responsibilities. We guarantee you will be constantly challenged with transactions among Seaboard’s diverse industries, implementation of new rules, and execution of continuous improvement ideas, among many other areas. This role will interact directly with Corporate executive leadership and divisional personnel across our international operations. Seaboard is a Fortune 500 Company, but is a controlled corporation with a strong history of promoting within.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Company’s accounting for various alternative investments primarily in real estate.
- Lead the Company’s ESG reporting efforts, including collaboration with external consultants, data governance, development of disclosures, and compliance with multiple stakeholder requirements.
- Research, analyze and document technical accounting matters for significant transactions, new accounting pronouncements, or presentation matters, including business combinations, derivatives, foreign currency, pensions, and variable interest entities.
- Serve as the liaison with Internal Audit for Corporate Accounting internal controls over financial reporting.
- Co-manage the Company’s risk assessment evaluation with Internal Audit.
- Monitor the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules.
- Assist with quarterly and year-end schedules to support SEC reporting requirements.
- Review non-GAAP policies and evaluate errors in financial statements using both the “iron curtain” method and “rollover” method.
- Provide expertise on special projects and other ad hoc needs.
- Administer the Company’s consolidated lease software platform.
- Support the Corporate Accounting Manager’s role when unable to perform responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- CPA certification required.
- 5+ years of job-related experience, including public accounting firm experience, required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical, project management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to travel to domestic and international sites, as needed.