Finished Item Planner
Position DescriptionKodak is Hiring!
Kodak is looking for a Finished Item Planner to join our AMC Industrial Film & Chemicals) team in Rochester, NY.
Kodak offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the revitalization of an iconic global company. We combine the strength of a brand that is recognized and beloved around the world with the excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. We are stable, profitable, optimistic about the future and looking for professionals with energy, ideas and ambition to help us take next steps in completing our transformation. We’re building a culture which values creativity in all its forms, having a global perspective, a focus on sustainability, and the kind of trust that enables us to succeed by taking calculated risks. Kodak has a rich heritage of leadership and innovation, but is also, in many ways, still inventing itself. At this stage of our comeback, Kodak is truly a place where you can make a difference.
As the Finished Item Planner (FIP) you will play a coordinating role with the Demand & Supply Planner, Regional Planners, Sales Operations, Customer Order Services, Logistics and Manufacturing to ensure that product is available to meet customer and regional orders. The position is located at B326 of Eastman Business Park.
- Review customer and regional orders and determine when products must be made and shipped to satisfy customer needs.
- Provide the Film Finishing team with the catalog number requirements every week.
- Work with the Demand & Supply Planner, Regional Planners, and the Business Operations team to determine the optimal Reorder Points for all items to ensure product availability without excess inventory.
- Work with the product development team to set up new items such that they can be ordered in the system and have all the correct planning parameters.
- Develop a strong understanding of manufacturing (finishing) processes, work centers, capacities and constraints so that the plans you create are reasonable and doable.
- Work very closely with Demand & Supply Planner and Parts Planners so that you understand wide roll and components availability.
- Work with regional planners and sales teams to address Slow Moving Inventory to keep to a minimum.
- 3+ years of experience in planning or manufacturing operations.
- Working knowledge of planning systems (Kodak uses SAP).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills at multiple levels of the organization such that you can effectively communicate demand & supply situations.
- Must have experience working with excel spreadsheets and a basic understanding of how they work.
- Must have a willingness and desire to improve excel skills as needed.
- Analytical skills to be able to help find the root cause of problems and suggest corrective actions such that they won’t reoccur.
- A strong desire to win. Manufacturing is challenging and competitive. In this role, you are an advocate for the customer and you must have a very strong desire to meet customer needs.
EOE Policy StatementKodak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are free to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes. Read our EOE Policy Statement.
Employment Sponsorship NotificationAny candidate/applicant requiring sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status will not be considered for this position. Kodak as an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage you to look for jobs where sponsorship will be provided.