Are you interested in working for a company that fosters growth opportunities, community involvement and a team oriented atmosphere? ClarkDietrich fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join a team that is STRONGER THAN STEEL℠, by applying to become a Finisher/Packager at our manufacturing plant in Baltimore, MD location.
The Finisher/Packager performs work in a manufacturing facility and packages finished goods following proper packaging standards and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Packages finished goods following proper packaging standards and procedures.
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure.
- Unitizes, check counts and verifies length.
- Ability and willingness to learn to operate machinery.
- Ensure production areas are completely stocked with required material.
- Perform in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to understand manufacturing procedures.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- Any other duties required by supervisor.
- Works safely and follows all safety rules and operational procedures.
- Wears and maintains all required PPE.
- Keeps all assigned work area clean at all times.
- Understands all safety devices and their operation.
- Notifies management if safety devices are malfunctioning or missing prior to operation.
- Safely operates all lifting devices per manufacturing specifications.
- Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction, multiplication and converting fractions into decimals.
- Must be able to use and read a tape measure, caliper, and micrometer, dial bore gauge, and various other precision measurement equipment.
- Manufacturing facility - exposed to heat and cold
- Personal Protective Equipment always required
- Controlled Noise exposure
- Activity level is high - continuous movement