Finishing Supervisor-Weekend A Shift
Join the worldwide leader in playing cards and in “play” solutions. Play is what keeps us going, and it always has been our greatest motivation. That's why we live different, play different.
The shift for the Finishing Supervisor- Weekend A Shift will be Friday and Saturday, 10:45p to 10:45a.
The Finishing Supervisor will be responsible for supervising thirty or more employees and leading the production on the shift. They will lead daily production operations and coordinate activities of work teams. They provide resources, on-going work direction, decision-making and problem solving to meet business goals. Areas of accountability for the supervisor includes safety, housekeeping, quality, customer service, meeting daily production schedule, employee productivity, administration of policies and procedures, inventory accuracy, equipment up-time, and expense control
What you’ll do as a Finishing Supervisor:
- Facilitates total team performance, spending the majority of the time on the shop floor
- Executes the daily production schedule through the utilization of people, material, machine, and processes to meet customer requirements, schedule compliance, and cost objectives
- Works with other Supervisors, Assistant Supervisor, Leads and other employees throughout the organization, cooperating to assure the production processes support the production plan and customer requirements
- Assures appropriate quality checks and audits are performed by operators to provide product and process quality, and if problem is identified, utilize data, facts, tools, and appropriate support staff to resolve problem
- Assures a safe and clean working environment for all employees, emphasizing prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions, supporting Safety Programs, including Leads safety program in area of responsibility through example and positive communication, employee involvement, and recognition. Conducts safety meetings with employees. Works with area safety representative, search out safety hazards and fix before they become an accident. Monitors use of safety equipment. Investigates all accidents and takes corrective actions
- Maintains tools, equipment, and work areas in a safe condition
- Maintains clean and orderly workplace
- Responsible for employee job training, employee performance, appraisals and feedback, employee discipline, policies and procedures, attendance and vacation schedules, labor reporting, and inventory accuracy
- Promotes employee development through effective verbal and written communications, cross-training skills, and appropriate use of teams to support problem solving and continuous improvement
- Maintains employee accountability culture through expectations and reinforcement as required to meet goals
- Develops and implements improvements in the areas of throughput, cycle time, inventory reduction, quality improvements, productivity, operator control of quality, etc
- Actively engages in cost reduction efforts
- Reviews scrap and Quality reports to identify and correct problem areas
- Maintains efficient layout of work area and materials
- Controls department expenses and material utilization
- Maintains efficient layout of work area and materials through 5-S and Lean manufacturing initiatives
We’re looking for a Finishing Supervisor with:
- Associate degree or equivalent Supervisor experience
- Prior light manufacturing / printing experience preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP systems, SAP preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Inventory control systems
Benefits a Finishing Supervisor Can Expect from Cartamundi:
- Competitive pay
- Climate controlled facility
- 401(k) with company match
- Health, dental, and vision insurance starting day one
- HSA (Health Savings Account) and FSA (Flexible Savings Account)
- Life insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts on daycare, gym memberships, travel, and much more
Physical requirements and working conditions:
Our manufacturing Plant is comprised of enclosed office and manufacturing space. This position requires the ability to:
- Physical exertion required in lifting, bending, pushing and pulling
- Ability to manipulate objects and use various measurement tools
- Occasional lifting up to 35 pounds
- Frequent prolonged standing up to 8 hours
- Working in a manufacturing environment while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, typically ear plugs, protective eyewear, and safety shoes
- Corrected 20/20 vision is required along with no less than average color acuity
- Sitting at workstation approximately 30 percent of work time. Standing and walking approximately 70 percent of work time
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice
- This Finishing Supervisor position is located on-site in our Erlanger, Ky facility
Apply today and discover the magic of making a difference at Cartamundi!
Cartamundi does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS dhs.gov/e-verify.
Candidates must be 18 years old to work for Cartamundi.
No agencies please. No sponsorship available.
At Cartamundi, we're all united by our common belief that world is better with play. Play is what keeps us going, and it always has been our greatest motivation. That's why we live different and play different. To us, it is not just an activity. It is a guiding mindset that reminds us to have fun, to be fair, to connect with people – across cultures and generations – and to embrace shared experiences.
We are a worldwide leader in playing cards and in “play” solutions.
Our owned brand portfolio includes a suite of heritage brands which go back as far as 1848, including global brands like Bicycle®, HRO®, Bee®, Copag®, Shuffle® and many locally loved brands. These brands combine craftsmanship with innovation as the basis for their continued relevance and positive contribution to the local communities that love and use these brands.
At Cartamundi, we have significant expertise in printing; our presses have been running since 1765. Today, our company has become the largest playing cards and board game manufacturer in the world and the trusted partner of leading toy companies. We make well-known brands such as Monopoly®, Uno®, Magic: The Gathering®, Guess Who ®, Pokémon®, Trivial Pursuit® every day.
As we look into the future and how entertainment evolves, we are bringing the digital world to the physical world and vice versa. We have a dedicated team of experts that is looking into future technologies, products, applications that can get our consumers and communities to truly live different and play different.
We are still a family-owned company with headquarters in Belgium and have a global network of 16 manufacturing facilities, 6 design centers, 1 digital studio and 1 global R&D center.