Fire Prevention Specialist
LFG Specialties, LLC
Ft. Irwin, CA
Fire Prevention Specialist works within the fire prevention office under the direction of the Prevention
Battalion Chief. Shall perform all fire prevention functions as assigned including, fire inspections, prevention
classes, extinguisher classes, family childcare provider certification classes, engineering reviews, issue permits
- Complete assigned monthly inspections.
- Issue corrective action deficiencies and high hazard violations.
- Inspect single story, multi-story, commercial and Industrial buildings.
- Check building plans and the installation of sprinkler systems, fire alarms systems and other fire protection
devices and equipment for compliance with applicable codes.
- Inspect hospitals and other care facilities.
- Inspect childcare facilities and schools.
- Uses a computer and related software to prepare detailed inspection reports and a variety of other reports
- Develop and participates in related public information and education programs, makes oral presentations,
and gives demonstrations to a variety of groups.
- Respond to public inquiries and complaints relating to fire safety matters.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Learn, interpret, enforce applicable Codes and Regulations.
Supplementary Functions May Include:
- Coordinate exhaust system cleaning program with High Deserts Support Services subcontractors.
- Teach prevention classes to Fire Department personnel and the public.
- Issue hot work permits.
- Completes reports and records as assigned.
- Assists with new construction inspections and plan review for new projects.
- Participation in all APTIM /HDSS, EHS and Quality procedures.
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-year fire service-related experience and/or customer service-related experience.
- Valid state issued Driver License or Firefighter endorsement Driver's License.
- Attend and receive certification in Community First Aid and CPR at the required intervals.
APTIM is committed to providing a benefits package that accomplishes the primary purpose of our programs which is to protect and promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families. APTIM's health care and insurance benefits include the following programs: medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, basic life insurance, optional life insurance, spouse life insurance, child life insurance, basic accidental death & dismemberment, optional accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability with optional buy-ups, employee assistance program, health care spending account, dependent care spending account, health savings account and business travel accident insurance for themselves and their eligible family members, per plan guidelines. Multiple voluntary benefits are available to employees for enrollment including critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, etc. APTIM also provides participation in a retirement program, paid absences such as vacation time (annual days determined by length of service) and sick leave to eligible employees in accordance with the APTIM sick pay policy and as required by law. The payrate for this position is $31.68 per hour.