Fire Service Technician
Be part of the future!
We are one team, dedicated to working collaboratively to create the purposeful solutions that propel the world forward. We hope you will join our diverse team of top people – you bring your talent, and we’ll give you the space and opportunities to grow and succeed. We are committed to make a difference.
What we offer:
- Competitive Starting Pay
- Paid Training
- Global Advancement Opportunities
- Company Vehicle (as applicable)
- Referral Bonuses
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- And more!
HIRING HOURLY RANGE: $39.00 (Hourly rate to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.) This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, please visit the Employee Benefits tab on our main careers page at https://www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
What you will do:
- Receive service calls from Service Resource Center, including a brief description of equipment/system malfunctions
- Contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems
- Diagnose problems and perform service and repairs on electronic fire alarm systems and other related building system products at customer sites
- Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. to repair equipment
- Service, troubleshoot and install many different manufacturers’ Fire & Life Safety systems including SimplexGrinnell
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices, such as smart phones and laptop computers
- Obtain customer signature upon completed service call assignment
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation
- Help to train or mentor others on the service team
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we look for:
- 10+ years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
- Valid Fire Alarm License
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- This position will be 30% travel.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and always follow safety guidelines and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- NICET Level II certification
Terms and Conditions of such benefits programs are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Company.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.