Fire Sprinkler and Alarm Construction Manager
What you will do
A Johnson Controls Fire Sprinkler and Alarm Construction Manager will be the branch business leader for the successful execution of all Installation projects for the territory. You will be responsible for the assignment and coordination of people and materials necessary for the prompt and complete installation of all Electronic jobs primarily including Fire Alarm and Security projects within an assigned territory. Develops and builds on current capabilities to prepare associates for successful job performance and installation requirements
How you will do it
You will be the business leader setting the business execution strategy while leading a team of professionals in the tasks noted below; providing guidance and coaching to deliver to the installation business customer and company financial obligations:
• Plan, schedule, supervise and control installations.
• Detailed tracking of material procurement for installations.
• All Project Management functions on installation projects.
• Involved with installation contract review and negotiations for the installation business.
• Partner with sales organization to increase project backlog.
• Manage field resources to align with current and future project needs and customer obligations
What we look for
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred in a business or engineering discipline.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in management of operational activities or equivalent experience in the construction industry.
- Experience in the Fire Alarm Life Safety and/or Sprinkler Fire Protection industries is preferred.
- Requires good interpersonal skills, along with effective writing, speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated management/leadership abilities to include training, team building, presentation and negotiation skills, branch administration and effective interaction with customer/company management.
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements
- Ability to accurately forecast monthly/quarterly/annual business results using appropriate financial tools and processes
- Ability to read and negotiate terms for standard construction contracts
- Previous P&L management experience a plus
- Requires good interpersonal skills, along with effective writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal codes required
- Computer fluency in Windows, Excel, and other Microsoft products
- Preferred: FA or Sprinkler NICET Level II Certification
- Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record
Who we are
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.