Fire Suppression Technician
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Fire Suppression Technician – Perth or Kalgoorlie based
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are currently seeking an experienced Fire Suppression Technician to join our join our WA Fire Suppression team. You will have the option to be based out of Sandvik’s Perth or Kalgoorlie Workshop and will assist in the servicing of local contracts in either the Goldfields region or the Perth Metro area .As a Fire Suppression Technician, you will also be required to provide technical/product support and maintain relevant documentation.
You will be working a 5:2 Roster Monday to Friday and due to the current workloads, you will be working a 45–50-hour week. There will be some adhoc site throughout the year which will incur a site uplift.
Areas of responsibility
- Perform fault diagnosis, maintain, and install Fire Suppression systems
- Identify faults in the electrical and mechanical configuration of various mobile suppression systems
- Maintain inspection test reports and documentation
- Support technicians from other regions and assist in training
- Adhere to all policies & procedures especially the EHS policies
- Work effectively either in a team environment or autonomously
- Assist with machine audits/inspections
- Accreditation by the Fire Protection Association (FPA) (desirable)
- Valid Driver’s License (compulsory)
- You reside in either Perth or Kalgoorlie
- Direct knowledge and exposure to fire suppression systems applicable to predominantly underground is a prerequisite. However, installation and service experience of Mobile Fire Suppression systems will be a distinct advantage
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Flexible to work with customer requirements, procedures, and safety policies
- Positive attitude and a high level of determination to achieve targets set for customer satisfaction
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job & the ability to pass a pre-employment medical.
Agencies need not apply.
- Work within a Global OEM that has a trusted name globally
- Highly competitive wages, bonus, work vehicle, phone, ipad, and uniform provided
- Receive ongoing career development & progression
- Favorable Superannuation contribution above statutory requirement.
- Plenty of OT opportunities!
- Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Employee Referral Program that pays up to $5,000 per successful referral
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Workforce Planning Manager
Kylie Cook 0438 436 099ID:uDnQdo