Fixed Fleet Mechanic
Transit Mix Concrete Co.
Why work for us?
Driven by our purpose: Building progress for people and the planet. We are transforming to become the leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions. Holcim US offers an unparalleled range of innovative cement, aggregates, asphalt, concrete products and construction services that have been the foundation for infrastructure projects across the globe. To move the industry forward to a greener future we need people who are passionate about sustainability, are driven to shape and influence perception, and keen to build, grow and thrive in our high-performance culture. Are you ready to build progress with us?
Aggregate Industries, a leading supplier of quality, construction building materials in the United States, and a member of LaFargeHolcim, has an immediate opening for a Fleet Mechanic supporting our Pittsburgh, PA locations. This position will be responsible for the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of a wide variety of fixed mechanical equipment. This position is responsible to keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; performing repairs when needed. Overtime may be required.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Provide repair and maintenance to diesel and gasoline engines. Adjust and repair ignition, fuel, electrical, hydraulic and steering systems.
- Maintain and repair chassis, frames and bodies. Work with hoisting and jacking equipment, power tools, measuring instruments, gauges and meters.
- Lubricate equipment.
- Maintain and repair tires, batteries, brakes and valves. Perform shop management functions such as maintenance scheduling and spare parts inventory control; making estimates of material, labor, and equipment requirements.
- Performs inspections on completed jobs; ensures conformance with policies and procedures, safety codes. Ensures proper documentation of maintenance and repair activities in logs and/or incident reports.
- Maintain an effective system of communications with supervisors and customers
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must wear protective devices as required by the company safety policy.
- Welding and Hydraulic systems experience.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Fleet experience preferred (2 years)
- Computer knowledge utilizing email and Microsoft Excel is considered an asset
- Must be organized and willing to exhibit good housekeeping practices in a plant environment
- Work extended hours when required
- Valid driver’s license
- Always represent the company in a professional manner.
- Diesel Mechanic Certification