Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Job Location: SP Albuquerque - Albuquerque, NM
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Installation - Maint - Repair
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor will lead and oversee all maintenance related items associated with our commercial fleet within a specific region. This person will plan, organize, and assign preventive and remedial maintenance work for trucks and automobiles or equipment as well as implement and maintain safety programs as related to the fleet.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This role will have the following responsibilities across the designated region:
- Scheduled services-(oil changes, lube, yearly tank, pump inspections, Vapor testing, Overhead adjustments, Antifreeze/coolant maintenance).
- Unscheduled services-(Brakes, tires, modifications, retrofits, tune-ups, appearance issues, washing, vinyl repair, Meter issues, etc.).
- Weekly inspections of all equipment for maintenance issues, cleanliness, etc.
- Check all trucks and keep with solid documentation of all tires tread depth.
- Upkeep of truck maintenance files.
- Ensure all trucks get to the appropriate shop on time for maintenance.
- Daily scrutiny of drivers completed log sheets, truck inspection sheets for completeness, maintenance issues, adherence to DOT policies and applicable state and federal laws and file accordingly.
- Maintain vehicle compliance as related to title, registration, emissions, UCR, IFTA/IRP, vapor certification, HAZMAT renewal, annual/quarterly inspections and pipeline loading requirements.
- Maintain monthly Outgoing Equipment list and also Incoming Equipment list.
- Ensure facility maintenance is up to par in the following areas of Pumps, meters, reels, tanks, lines, barreling machine, tank monitors, cleanliness, proper storage and handling of hazardous materials, ensure compliance with SPCC plan, hazardous material management plan, including ensuring completion and filing of all inspection forms as required.
- Ensure compliance with Maricopa Co. air permit. Maintain facility lighting, HVAC, plumbing, etc. as needed.
- Scheduling of fire extinguisher, facility sprinklers and fire alarm annual inspections.
- Drive tank-wagon or package truck in an emergency, as needed, as a last resort.
- Manage driver supply cabinets, to ensure adequate supplies.
Supervision of Others
- Frequent visits to customer sites of various and work environments.
- Frequent driving.
- Frequent work outdoors and in various weather conditions.
- Frequent work in dusty, wet, dirty environments
- Frequent work in hot or cold environments.
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to move freely around work and customer sites.
- Able to climb stairs and ladders, kneel, bend, and stoop.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Able to push, pull, walk/climb various terrains.
- Up to 25% (Other Company Sites)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess a valid Class A CDL with Hazmat/Tanker endorsement and have an acceptable driving record.
- Thorough knowledge of safe working practices, DOT, OSHA and other federal and state regulations.
- Experience working in a Large Fleet /Assets environment.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance and repair of a fleet of vehicles.
- Advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems of heavy equipment (Preferred)
- Experience with maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs
- Must have a strong knowledge of cargo securement.
- Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast paced and high energy environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills within software programs such as MS Office to include Word and Excel along with the ability to learn company systems and processes.
- Adheres to the companys values and ethical expectations.
- Well organized and able to effectively multitask.
- Class A Mechanic certification preferred.
- Prior experience related to mining and railroad property.
- Prior maintenance experience of crane equipment, tilt bed trailers, and moving tanks.
- Trade or technical school (Certificate or diploma) in an applicable field.
- Experience in lubricant industry, fuel industry, or transportation industry.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.