Performance Food Group
Job Description5K Sign-On BONUS!!
The Fleet Mechanic position will perform the following duties:
- Performs all preventive maintenance and mechanic work on all company trucks and trailers in order to minimize the effect on deliveries.
- Performs oil changes when necessary
- Lubricates chassis, trans, wheel hubs, rear axles, and 5th wheels
- Checks the batteries on tractor and trailers
- Checks and replaces belts as necessary
- Checks and replaces brake shoes as necessary
- Checks and replaces wheel bearings as necessary
- Checks and replaces clutches as necessary
- Checks for electrical problems
- Maintains anti-freeze as needed
- Replaces starters, alternators and generators
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Works always in a safe manner
- Wednesday – Sunday –3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
EEO StatementPerformance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Required QualificationsHigh School Diploma or Equivalent
1 - 2 years years training in truck/automotive maintenance
Preferred QualificationsCDL - A
Minimum of 1 year refrigerated transport maintenance
Minimum of 1 year Class 7 or 8 truck maintenance
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.