Fleet Operations Coordinator
Alpine Power Systems
Alpine Power Systems, established in 1963, is an independent B2B global solution provider specializing in critical power, telecom, cable, and motive power solutions. Through acquiring market-leading companies and adding highly motivated, talented individuals, Alpine has expanded its operations to become one of the largest independent organizations in our industry. Alpine is a profitable and growing company supplying numerous Fortune 1000 companies.
Alpine Power Systems is seeking a full-time in-office Fleet Operations Coordinator in our Redford Michigan Office.
- Ensure all vehicle maintenance is per the maintenance schedule.
- Follow up on service/repairs and ensure completion per requirements.
- Approve repairs in Fleetio under $500.00
- Complete quarterly inspections promptly for accurate reporting.
- Process all documents required for maintenance of the fleet. (Registrations, titles, insurance, purchase paperwork)
- Conduct weekly checks of Hours-of-Service logbooks.
- Review and assign unassigned drive time every week.
- Ensure rules and regulations are obeyed on safety and procedures.
- Conduct routine analysis and spot checks and make efficiency recommendations to the Fleet Manager.
- Prepare driving scorecards biweekly and email drivers and their managers when they fall below the 75% threshold.
- Follow up on alerts to the fleet tracking system when email alerts are abundant.
- Track issues regarding the fleet, including incidents and accidents- ensure incident reports with pictures are received.
- Assist Fleet Manager with scheduling annual virtual box truck inspections.
- Order and replace fuel cards as needed.
- Assist in reviewing fuel charges for fraud.
- Arrange travel (flight, hotel, car rentals) for employees and contractors as needed.
- Track subcontractor reviews- notify Operations Manager of performance level.
- Send emails that convey verbal conversations/agreements to contractors as required.
- Ensure that check deductions are communicated to contractors before processing pay deductions.
- Review temporary warehouse invoices for issues and share with necessary parties to resolve inaccuracies.
- Assist in pre-screening hiring (reviewing resumes and making initial contact)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Administrative experience in a business environment, preferably in Fleet management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail required.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of vehicle maintenance, repair, and DOT regulations are a plus.
- Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills are a must
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
We offer a highly competitive benefits package including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance available within 30 days of hire
- 401(k) with a company match.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Time Off
- Life insurance.